Carpatair Compensation: Claim flight delay, cancellation or lost baggage. Get up to € 600 compensation for a delayed or cancelled flight and 1.414 euros for lost luggage.
Carpatair flight claim compensation: European law and Montreal Convention
Carpatair EU Flight compensation: delay, cancellation and overbooking
Only applicable when
- if it is an european airline or…
- if the flight takes off from europe
Compensation outline under European law: Carpatair delayed, cancelled and overbooked fligh
|Flight Distance (Km)
|Less than 1.500 km
|Claim € 250
|1.500 Km – 3.500 Km
|Claim € 400
|+ 3.500 Km
|Claim € 600
Carpatair E.g compensation according to European 261 law
- Flight delay from Frankfurt to Zurich: Less than 1.500 km = 250 euros + expenses.
- Flight delay from Tenrife to Bilbao: 1.500 km -3.500 km = 400 euros + expenses.
- Flight delay from Norway to Tokyo: More than 3.500 km = € 600 + expenses.
Carpatair Montreal Convention Compensations for delays, cancellations, overbooked flights and baggage
Only when these 2 circumstances occur at the same time:
- All luggage claims even if it is an european airline
- When it is not an european airline and the flight does not depart from Europe
Delayed flight, cancellation or overbooking compensation table according to the Montreal Convention
|Limit of liability
|5.708 euros = 4.694 SDR (Special Drawing Rights)
|Hotels, taxis, tours, other missed flights
Carpatair lost baggage or delayed luggage compensation
If you Claim Carpatair for baggage delay you can get a compensation of 1.414 euros + expenses.
|Limit of liability
|Lost or damaged
|1.414 euros = 1.253 SDR (Special Drawing Rights)
|Clothes, cost of the baggage, taxis
Important: Fill in the PIR to claim for the luggage to Carpatair: Property Irregularity Report
What is the meaning of PIR?
The Carpatair Property Irregularity Report (PIR) reference is a unique code that tracks your lost or damaged luggage. You can find 10 letters and numbers and it is required to claim to Carpatair.
- Number of lost baggages
- Reference code so that Carpatair can track the suitcase
- Color and type
The Carpatair Extraordinary Circumstances
The term ‘extraordinary circumstances’ applies when the delayed or cancelled flight is due to something uncommon in which a claim receives no compensation. Things like:
- Extreme weather conditions
- Political or civil unrest
- A few strikes unrelated to Carpatair such as air traffic
Carpatair not real Extraordinary Circumstances:
- Issues with Carpatair staff
- Bad weather affecting a previous flight
- Denied boarding due to the flight being overbooked
- Carpatair technical problems
Carpatair denied boarding:
- Do not throw away boarding passes.
- Ask why you’re being denied boarding.
Can I claim my flight delay directly to Carpatair?
First, if you want to claim directly to Carpatair, you have to know your chances are scarce, since very often Carpatair tries to justify their delayed flights with extraordinary circumstances that didn’t really happen, like bad weather. Consequently, it is highly recommendable to direct your claim through lexority.
How far back can you go with claiming flight delay compensation to Carpatair
Deadline to claim a flight to Carpatair: 2 to 5 years as a general rule, depending on the type of regulation that applies in that particular case.
- Montreal Convention: two years
- UE Regulation: two to ten years. It is necessary to the civil code for each country.
Documentation to claim successfully to Carpatair:
ID or pass
Some advice to claim Carpatair
Ask the reason why Carpatair flight got delayed or cancelled
The reason of the delay is important: principally if you don´t have the boarding pass.
Carpatair flight delays: 3 or more hours
Carpatair delay must be higher than 3 hours to be entitled to a compensation.
Overbooking at Carpatair flight
Overbooked Carpatair flight: When Carpatair sells more tickets than the possible number of passengers they can accommodate.
The overbooking is legal, but you are entitled to a compensation up to € 600.
Carpatair aims to avoid empty seats because of no-shows, and this must be legally sanctioned.
Once a Carpatair passenger has received a reservation or any document stating the payment has been accepted and registered, it is a “confirmed reservation”. Boarding denials happen when a passenger presents to the gate but Carpatair refuses them access to the plane.
These are your rights to claim Carpatair
If you have any question. Here we are if you want to claim for a flight delay, cancellation, overbooking or lost baggage to Carpatair.