Wideroe Compensation: Claim flight delay, cancellation or lost baggage. Get up to 600 euros compensation for a delayed or cancelled flight and € 1.414 for lost luggage.
Wideroe flight compensation: Eu law and Montreal Convention
Wideroe European Flight compensation: delay, cancellation and overbooking
- When the airline is European or…
- if the flight departs from europe
Compensation summary under European law: Wideroe delay, cancellation and overbooking
|Flight (km)||Wideroe Compensation||Claim|
|Less than 1.500 km||€ 250||Claim € 250|
|1.500 Km – 3.500 Km||€ 400||Claim € 400|
|+ 3.500 Km||€ 600||Claim € 600|
Wideroe E.g compensation according to European 261 law
- Flight delay from Frankfurt to London: Less than 1.500 km = € 250 + expenses.
- Flight cancellation from Las Palmas to Belgium: Between 1.500 km and 3.500 km = 400 euros + expenses.
- Flight overbooking from Portugal to Cali: More than 3.500 km = 600 euros + expenses.
Wideroe Compensations under Montreal Convention for delays, cancellations, overbooked flights and baggage
Only when these two circumstances happen at the same time:
- All baggage claims even if the airline is european
- When it is not an european airline and the flight doesn´t take off from Europe
Compensation table for flight delays, cancellations, or overbooked flight according to the Montreal Convention
|Compensation||Limit of liability||Expenses|
|Luggage||5.708 euros = 4.694 SDR (Special Drawing Rights)||Hotels, taxis, tours, other missed flights|
Wideroe lost baggage or delayed luggage compensation
If you want to Claim Wideroe for luggage delay you can get a compensation of 1.414 euros + expenses.
|Baggage claim||Limit of liability||Expenses|
|Lost or damaged||1.414 euros = 1.253 SDR (Special Drawing Rights)||Clothes, cost of the baggage, taxis|
Note: Fill the PIR: Property Irregularity Report to claim for the baggage to Wideroe
What is the meaning of PIR?
The Wideroe Property Irregularity Report (PIR) ref number is a unique code that traces your delayed or damaged baggage. You can find 10 letters and numbers and it is required to claim to Wideroe.
- Number of lost luggages
- Reference code so that Wideroe can track the suitcase
- Color and type
The Wideroe Extraordinary Circumstances
The term ‘extraordinary circumstances’ is applicable when the delay/cancellation is caused by something unexpected in which a claim receives no compensation. E.g.:
- Extreme weather conditions
- Political or civil unrest
- Some strikes unrelated to Wideroe like air traffic
Wideroe unreal Extraordinary Circumstances:
- Issues with Wideroe staff
- Bad weather affecting a previous flight
- Denied boarding due to an overbooking
- Wideroe technical problems
Wideroe missed connecting flight because of flight delay
It is normal in a Wideroe flight to have 1 (or more) connections, on the trip.
If any one of Wideroe flights are delayed, it can cause you to miss your connection.
Wideroe must find you a new flight to the final destination and you will be granted up to € 600 compensation if your new flight arrives 3 hours later than the original Wideroe flight.
Can I claim my flight delay directly to Wideroe?
First of all, if you want to claim directly to Wideroe, you should know your chances are scarce, since very often Wideroe tries to justify their delayed flights with extraordinary circumstances that didn’t really happen, like issues with air traffic control. Therefore, it is advised to funnel your claim through lexority.
Time limit: How far back can I claim a flight compensation to Wideroe?
Time Limit: 2 to 5 years as a general rule, contingent on the type of regulation that is fit in each case.
- Montreal Convention: 2 years
- Eu law: two to ten years. It is necessary to the civil code for each country.
Documentation to claim correctly to Wideroe:
ID or pass
Guidance to claim Wideroe
Ask the reason why Wideroe flight got delayed or cancelled
The reason of the delay is critical: specially if you don´t have the boarding passes.
Wideroe delayed flights for 3 or more hours
To be entitled to a compensation, Wideroe delayed flight must be higher than 3 hours.
Overbooking at Wideroe flight
Wideroe Overbooking: When Wideroe sells more tickets than the actual number of people they can take.
The overbooking is legal, but you are entitled to a compensation up to € 600.
Wideroe aims to avoid empty seats due to no-shows, and this must be legally sanctioned.
Once a Wideroe passenger has received a flight ticket or any document stating the payment has been accepted and registered, it is a “confirmed reservation”. Boarding denials happen when a passenger presents to the gate but Wideroe refuses them access to the plane.
How do I know how long the Wideroe flight delay has been?
- Have a Lexority lawyer to tell you how long was the delay of the Wideroe flight without any doubt. Take in to account that the following sites are not always accurate and need a payment record.
- Use the web Flight Stats where if you register you can see the Wideroe status of all flights including those of years ago.
- Another way is entering to Flight Radar where you can see the last seven days Wideroe flight delays without registering. After registration you can also see delayed flights from up to 2 years ago.
Note: When the Wideroe delay is very close to 3 hours, Flightradar24 is not 100% reliable, since it shows the time of landing, but not the exit from the plane, which is what the law says has to be taken in consideration.