Silkair Compensation: Claim flight delay, cancellation or lost baggage. Get up to 600 euros refund for a delayed or cancelled flight and 1.414 euros for lost luggage.
Silkair flight compensation: Eu law and Montreal Convention
Silkair European Flight compensation: delay, cancellation and overbooking
Suitable when any of these 2 circumstances happen:
- When it is an european airline or…
- When the flight takes off from europe
Compensation brief under Eu law: Silkair delayed, cancelled and overbooked fligh
|– 1.500 km
|Claim € 250
|1.500 Km – 3.500 Km
|Claim € 400
|More than 3.500 Km
|Claim € 600
Silkair E.g compensation according to European 261 law
- Flight delay from Milan to Brussels: -1.500 km = 250 euros + expenses.
- Flight delay from Tenrife to Paris: Between 1.500 km and 3.500 km = € 400 + expenses.
- Flight cancellation from Paris to Tokyo: More than 3.500 km = € 600 + expenses.
Silkair Montreal Convention Compensations for delays, cancellations, overbooked flights and baggage
Only applicable when these two circumstances occur at the same time:
- All luggage claims even if it is an european airline
- When it is not an european airline and the flight does not depart from Europe
Delayed flight, cancellation or overbooking compensation table according to the Montreal Convention
|Limit of liability
|€ 5.708 = 4.694 SDR (Special Drawing Rights)
|Other flighs, rents, tours, other missed flights
Silkair lost baggage or delayed luggage compensation
If you want to Claim Silkair for lost baggage you can get a compensation of 1.414 euros + expenses.
|Limit of liability
|Lost or damaged
|1.414 euros = 1.253 SDR (Special Drawing Rights)
|Clothes, cost of the baggage, taxis
Important: Fill the PIR: Property Irregularity Report to claim for the luggage to Silkair
What is the PIR of Silkair?
A Silkair Property Irregularity Report (PIR) ref number is a unique code that tracks your lost or damaged baggage. It has a combination of 10 letters and numbers and it is needed to claim to Silkair.
- Ref code
- Number of lost suitcase
- Colour and type
The Silkair Extraordinary Circumstances
The term ‘extraordinary circumstances’ is applicable when the delayed or cancelled flight is due to something unexpected in which a claim receives no compensation. E.g.:
- Really bad weather conditions
- A few strikes not releated to Silkair like air traffic
Silkair unreal Extraordinary Circumstances:
- Problems with Silkair staff
- Bad weather affecting a previous flight
- Denied boarding due to an overbooking
- Silkair technical problems
Silkair delayed flight on a Business Trip?
If Silkairflight gets cancelled, overbooked or delayed the passenger is granted the compensation, even if the company paid for the flight.
Can I claim my flight delay directly to Silkair?
First of all, if you want to claim directly to Silkair, you have to know your chances are scarce, since very often Silkair tries to justify their delayed flights with extraordinary circumstances that didn’t really happen, such as issues with air traffic control. Therefore, it’s highly recommendable to funnel your claim through lexority.
Time limit: How far back can I claim a flight compensation to Silkair?
Deadline to claim a flight to Silkair: 2 to 5 years as a general rule, depending on the type of law that is fit in each case.
- Montreal Convention: two years
- Eu law: 2 to 10 years. You must read the civil code for that particular country.
Documents to claim correctly to Silkair:
Guidance to claim Silkair
Don´t throw your ticket expenses to claim Silkair
Even though Silkair has to refund the expenses, sometimes the airline doesn´t do it. Silkair is allowed to ask for your receipts as proof before refunding you for the extra costs of your trip.
Silkair delayed flights for 3 or more hours
Silkair delay must be higher than 3 hours to be entitled to a compensation.
Silkair overbooking: is it legal?
Silkair Overbooking: When Silkair sells more tickets than the possible number of people they can accommodate.
The overbooking is legal, but you are entitled to a compensation up to € 600.
Silkair aims to avoid empty seats due to no-shows, and this must be legally sanctioned.
When the Silkair passenger has received a flight ticket or any document stating the payment has been accepted and registered, it is a “confirmed reservation”. Boarding denials happen when a passenger presents to the gate but Silkair refuses them access to the plane.
How to know how long the Silkair flight has been delayed
- Have a Lexority attorney to tell you how long the Silkair flight delay was without any doubt. Take in to account that the following tools are not always accurate and need a payment record.
- Use the web http://www.flightstats.com/ where if you register you can see the Silkair status of all flights including those of years ago.
- Another way is to go to https://www.flightradar24.com/ where you can see the last 7 days Silkair flight delays without registering. If you register you can also see delayed flights from up to 2 years ago.
Note: When the Silkair delay is very close to 3 hours, Flightradar24 is not 100% accurate, since it shows the time of landing, but not the exit from the plane, which is what the regulations says has to be taken in consideration.