Sichuan Airlines Compensation: Claim flight delay, cancellation or lost baggage. Get up to 600 euros compensation for a delayed or cancelled flight and 1.414 euros for lost luggage.
Sichuan Airlines flight compensation: EU 261 Law and Montreal Convention
Sichuan Airlines EU Flight compensation: delay, cancellation and overbooking
- if it is an european airline or…
- When the flight takes off from europe
Compensation brief under European law: Sichuan Airlines delayed, cancelled and overbooked fligh
|Flight (km)||Sichuan Airlines Compensation||Claim|
|Less than 1.500 km||€ 250||Claim € 250|
|1.500 Km – 3.500 Km||€ 400||Claim € 400|
|More than 3.500 Km||€ 600||Claim € 600|
Sichuan Airlines Expenses
Sichuan Airlines damages
Sichuan Airlines Example of compensation according to European 261 law
- Flight cancellation from Paris to Zurich: Less than 1.500 km = € 250 + expenses.
- Flight delay from Tenrife to Florence: 1.500 km -3.500 km = 400 euros + expenses.
- Flight delay from Barcelona to United States: 3.500 km + = € 600 + expenses.
Sichuan Airlines Montreal Convention Compensations for delays, cancellations, overbooked flights and baggage
Only when these two circumstances occur simultaneously:
- All baggage claims even if the airline is european
- When the airline is not European and the flight does not take off from Europe
Delayed flight, cancellation or overbooking compensation table according to the Montreal Convention
|Compensation||Limit of liability||Expenses|
|Luggage||€ 5.708 = 4.694 SDR (Special Drawing Rights)||Hotels, taxis, tours, other missed flights|
Sichuan Airlines lost baggage or delayed luggage compensation
If you Claim Sichuan Airlines for baggage delay you can get a compensation of € 1.414 + expenses.
|Luggage claim||Limit of liability||Expenses|
|Lost or damaged||1.414 euros = 1.253 SDR (Special Drawing Rights)||Clothes, cost of the baggage, taxis|
Must read: Fill in the PIR to claim for the luggage to Sichuan Airlines: Property Irregularity Report
What is the meaning of PIR?
The Sichuan Airlines Property Irregularity Report (PIR) reference number is a unique code that traces your delayed or damaged luggage. It has a combination of 10 letters and numbers and it is required to claim to Sichuan Airlines.
- Reference code
- Flight code
- Number of lost suitcase
- Color and type
The Sichuan Airlines Extraordinary Circumstances
The term ‘extraordinary circumstances’ is applicable when the delay/cancellation is caused by something uncommon in which a claim receives no compensation. Things like:
- Really bad weather conditions
- Political or civil unrest
- Some strikes not releated to Sichuan Airlines like baggage handlers
Sichuan Airlines unreal Extraordinary Circumstances:
- Problems with Sichuan Airlines staff
- Bad weather affecting a previous flight
- Denied boarding due to an overbooking
- Sichuan Airlines technical problems
Sichuan Airlines “no show” booking clauses
“No show” is ilegal. You can claim a compensation if you are being denied from boarding.
Can I claim my flight delay directly to Sichuan Airlines?
First, if you want to claim directly to Sichuan Airlines, you have to know your chances are very small, since very often Sichuan Airlines tries to justify their flight delays with extraordinary circumstances that didn’t really happen, such as bad weather. Consequently, it’s highly recommendable to direct your claim through lexority.
Time limit: How far back can I claim a flight compensation to Sichuan Airlines?
Time Limit: 2 to 5 years as a general rule, contingent on the type of law that is applicable in that particular case.
- Montreal Convention: 2 years
- Eu law: 2 to 10 years. You must read the civil code for that particular country.
Documentation to claim properly to Sichuan Airlines:
Guidance to claim Sichuan Airlines
keep safe all Sichuan Airlines flight docummentation
keep safe your boarding pass and e-ticket Sichuan Airlines gave you. You don’t want to dispose of them. They are often very useful to claim Sichuan Airlines.
Sichuan Airlines delayed flights for 3 or more hours
To be entitled to a compensation, Sichuan Airlines delayed flight must be higher than 3 hours.
Sichuan Airlines overbooking: is it legal?
Overbooked Sichuan Airlines flight: When Sichuan Airlines sells more tickets than the possible number of people they can take.
The overbooking is legal, but you are entitled to a compensation up to € 600.
Sichuan Airlines aims to avoid empty seats due to no-shows, and this must be legally sanctioned.
Once a Sichuan Airlines passenger has received a flight ticket or any document stating the payment has been accepted and registered, it is a “confirmed reservation”. Boarding denials happen when a passenger presents to the gate but Sichuan Airlines refuses them access to the plane.
How to know how long the Sichuan Airlines flight has been delayed
- Contact a Lexority specialist to tell you how long was the delay of the Sichuan Airlines flight without any doubt. You have to be aware that the following sites are not always accurate and need a payment record.
- Use the web Flight Stats where if you register you can see the Sichuan Airlines status of all flights including those of years ago.
- Another option is to go to Flight Radar where you can see the last 7 days Sichuan Airlines flight delays without registering. After registration you can also see delayed flights from up to two years ago.
Note: When the Sichuan Airlines delay is very close to three hours, Flightradar24 is not 100% reliable, since it shows the time of landing, but not the exit from the plane, which is what the regulations dictates has to be taken in consideration.