Fiji Airways Compensation: Claim flight delay, cancellation or lost baggage. Get up to 600 euros compensation for a delayed or cancelled flight and € 1.414 for lost luggage.
Fiji Airways flight claim compensation: Eu law and Montreal Convention
Fiji Airways European compensation: delayed, cancelled and overbooked flight
- if it is an european airline or…
- if the flight departs from europe
Compensation review under Eu law: Fiji Airways delay, cancellation and overbooking
|Flight Distance (Km)
|Fiji Airways Compensation
|Less than 1.500 km
|Claim € 250
|1.500 Km – 3.500 Km
|Claim € 400
|+ 3.500 Km
|Claim € 600
Fiji Airways Expenses
Fiji Airways damages
Fiji Airways E.g. compensation according to european law
- Flight cancellation from Frankfurt to Florence: Less than 1.500 km = € 250 + expenses.
- Flight delay from Tenrife to Florence: 1.500 km -3.500 km = € 400 + expenses.
- Flight delay from Rome to India: More than 3.500 km = € 600 + expenses.
Fiji Airways Montreal Convention Compensations for delays, cancellations, overbooking and baggage
Suitable when these 2 circumstances occur simultaneously:
- All luggage claims even if the airline is european
- When it is not an european airline and the flight doesn´t depart from Europe
Compensation table for flight delays, cancellations, or overbooking according to the Montreal Convention
|Limit of liability
|€ 5.708 = 4.694 SDR (Special Drawing Rights)
|Other flighs, rents, tours, other missed flights
Fiji Airways lost baggage or delayed luggage compensation
If you Claim Fiji Airways for luggage delay you can get a compensation of € 1.414 + expenses.
|Limit of liability
|Lost or damaged
|€ 1.414 = 1.253 SDR (Special Drawing Rights)
|Clothes, cost of the baggage, taxis
Read: Fill in the PIR to claim for the luggage to Fiji Airways: Property Irregularity Report
What is Fiji Airways PIR?
A Fiji Airways Property Irregularity Report (PIR) ref number is a unique code that tracks your delayed or damaged baggage. You can find 10 letters and numbers and it is required to claim to Fiji Airways.
- Number of lost luggages
- Reference code so that Fiji Airways can trace the suitcase
- Flight code
- Colour and type
The Fiji Airways Extraordinary Circumstances
The term ‘extraordinary circumstances’ is applicable when the delay/cancellation is caused by something uncommon in which a claim receives no compensation. E.g.:
- Extreme weather conditions
- Political or civil unrest
- Some strikes not releated to Fiji Airways like air traffic
Fiji Airways not real Extraordinary Circumstances:
- Issues with Fiji Airways staff
- Bad weather affecting a previous flight
- Denied boarding due to an overbooking
- Fiji Airways technical problems
Fiji Airways “no show” : is it legal?
“No show” is ilegal. you are granted a compensation if you are being denied from boarding.
Can I claim my flight delay directly to Fiji Airways?
First, if you want to claim directly to Fiji Airways, you should know your chances are scarce, since very often Fiji Airways tries to justify their delayed flights with extraordinary circumstances that didn’t really happen, such as bad weather. Therefore, it is highly recommendable to funnel your claim through lexority.
How far back can you go with claiming flight delay compensation to Fiji Airways
Deadline to claim a flight to Fiji Airways: 2 to 5 years as a general rule, depending on the type of regulation that is fit in each case.
- Montreal Convention: 2 years
- Regulation 261/2004 of the EU: 2 to 10 years. It is necessary to the civil code for that particular country.
Documentation to claim successfully to Fiji Airways:
Some Tips to claim Fiji Airways
keep safe all Fiji Airways trip documents
Keep the boarding pass and e-ticket Fiji Airways gave you. You should not get rid of them. They are often very useful to claim Fiji Airways.
Fiji Airways flight delays: 3 or more hours
Fiji Airways delay must be higher than 3 hours to be granted a compensation.
Overbooked Fiji Airways flight
Fiji Airways Overbooking: When Fiji Airways sells more tickets than the actual number of passengers they can accommodate.
The overbooking is legal, but you can get a compensation up to € 600.
Fiji Airways aims to avoid empty seats because of no-shows, and this must be legally sanctioned.
Once a Fiji Airways passenger has received a reservation or any document stating the payment has been accepted and registered, it is a “confirmed reservation”. Boarding denials happen when a passenger presents to the gate but Fiji Airways refuses them access to the plane.
How do I know how long was Fiji Airways flight delayed?
- Have a Lexority specialist to tell you how long was the delay of the Fiji Airways flight without any doubt. You have to be aware that the following tools are not always accurate and need a payment record.
- Use the web Flight Stats where if you register you can see the Fiji Airways status of all flights including those of years ago.
- Another way is to go to https://www.flightradar24.com/ where you can see the last seven days Fiji Airways flight delays without registering. After registration you can also see delayed flights from up to 2 years ago.
Must read: When the Fiji Airways delay is very close to three hours, Flightradar24 is not 100% reliable, since it shows the time of landing, but not the exit from the plane, which is what the regulations says has to be taken in consideration.