Air Macau Compensation: Claim flight delay, cancellation or lost baggage. Get up to 600 euros refund for a delayed or cancelled flight and € 1.414 for lost luggage.
Air Macau flight claim compensation: Eu law and Montreal Convention
Air Macau European Flight compensation: delay, cancellation and overbooking
- if it is an european airline or…
- if the flight takes off from europe
Compensation outline under European law: Air Macau delay, cancellation and overbooking
|Air Macau Compensation
|– 1.500 km
|Claim € 250
|1.500 Km – 3.500 Km
|Claim € 400
|More than 3.500 Km
|Claim € 600
Air Macau Expenses
Air Macau damages
Air Macau Example of compensation according to european law
- Flight overbooking from Frankfurt to Zurich: Less than 1.500 km = € 250 + expenses.
- Flight delay from Tenrife to Bilbao: 1.500 km -3.500 km = € 400 + expenses.
- Flight overbooking from Rome to Tokyo: More than 3.500 km = 600 euros + expenses.
Air Macau Montreal Convention Compensations for delays, cancellations, overbooked flights and baggage
Suitable when these 2 circumstances occur at the same time:
- All luggage claims even if the airline is european
- When the airline is not European and the flight does not take off from Europe
Compensation table for flight delays, cancellations, or overbooking according to the Montreal Convention
|Limit of liability
|€ 5.708 = 4.694 SDR (Special Drawing Rights)
|Other flighs, rents, tours, other missed flights
Air Macau lost baggage or delayed luggage compensation
If you want to Claim Air Macau for baggage delay you can get a compensation of € 1.414 + expenses.
|Limit of liability
|Lost or damaged
|1.414 euros = 1.253 SDR (Special Drawing Rights)
|Clothes, cost of the baggage, taxis
Read: Fill the PIR: Property Irregularity Report to claim for the baggage to Air Macau
About Air Macau PIR
A Air Macau Property Irregularity Report (PIR) reference is a unique code that traces your delayed or damaged suitcase. You can find 10 letters and numbers and it is imperative to claim to Air Macau.
- Number of lost luggages
- Reference code so that Air Macau can track the suitcase
- Flight code
- Colour and type
The Air Macau Extraordinary Circumstances
The term ‘extraordinary circumstances’ is applicable when the delayed or cancelled flight is caused by something uncommon in which a claim receives no compensation. Such as:
- Extreme weather conditions
- Political or civil unrest
- A few strikes unrelated to Air Macau like baggage handlers
Air Macau unreal Extraordinary Circumstances:
- Issues with Air Macau staff
- Bad weather affecting a previous flight
- Denied boarding due to an overbooking
- Air Macau technical problems
Air Macau denied boarding:
- Do not dispose of boarding passes.
- Ask why you’re being denied boarding.
Can I claim my delayed flight directly to Air Macau?
First of all, if you want to claim directly to Air Macau, you should know your chances are scarce, since very often Air Macau tries to justify their delayed flights with extraordinary circumstances that didn’t really happen, like bad weather. Therefore, it’s highly recommendable to direct your claim through lexority.
How far back can you go with claiming flight delay compensation to Air Macau
Deadline to claim a flight to Air Macau: 2 to 5 years as a general rule, depending on the type of regulation that applies in each case.
- Montreal Convention: two years
- UE Regulation: two to ten years. You must read the civil code for each country.
Documents to claim successfully to Air Macau:
Some Tips to claim Air Macau
keep safe all Air Macau flight documents
keep safe the boarding pass and e-ticket Air Macau gave you. You should not throw them away. They are often very useful to claim Air Macau.
Air Macau delayed flights for 3 or more hours
To be entitled to a compensation, Air Macau delayed flight must be higher than 3 hours.
Air Macau overbooking: is it legal?
Overbooked Air Macau flight: When Air Macau sells more tickets than the possible number of passengers they can take.
The overbooking is legal, but you are entitled to a compensation up to € 600.
Air Macau aims to avoid empty seats due to no-shows, but this must be legally sanctioned.
Once a Air Macau passenger has received a reservation or any document stating the payment has been accepted and registered, it is a “confirmed reservation”. Boarding denials happen when a passenger presents to the gate but Air Macau refuses them access to the plane.
These are the passengers rights to claim Air Macau
Contact us if you have any question. Here we are if you want to claim for a flight delay, cancellation, overbooking or lost baggage to Air Macau.