Air Caraibes Compensation: Claim flight delay, cancellation or lost baggage. Get up to 600 euros compensation for a delayed or cancelled flight and € 1.414 for lost luggage.
Air Caraibes flight claim compensation: Eu law and Montreal Convention
Air Caraibes European compensation: delayed, cancelled and overbooked flight
- When it is an european airline or…
- if the flight departs from europe
Compensation review under Eu law: Air Caraibes delay, cancellation and overbooking
|Flight Distance (Km)
|Air Caraibes Compensation
|Less than 1.500 km
|Claim € 250
|1.500 Km – 3.500 Km
|Claim € 400
|More than 3.500 Km
|Claim € 600
Air Caraibes Expenses
Air Caraibes damages
Air Caraibes E.g. compensation according to european law
- Flight cancellation from Paris to London: Less than 1.500 km = € 250 + expenses.
- Flight cancellation from Las Palmas to Belgium: 1.500 km -3.500 km = 400 euros + expenses.
- Flight overbooking from Barcelona to India: More than 3.500 km = € 600 + expenses.
Air Caraibes Montreal Convention Compensations for delays, cancellations, overbooking and baggage
Only applicable when these 2 circumstances happen simultaneously:
- All luggage claims even if the airline is european
- When the airline is not European and the flight doesn´t take off from Europe
Compensation table for flight delays, cancellations, or overbooked flight according to the Montreal Convention
|Limit of liability
|€ 5.708 = 4.694 SDR (Special Drawing Rights)
|Hotels, taxis, tours, other missed flights
Air Caraibes lost baggage or delayed luggage compensation
If you want to Claim Air Caraibes for lost baggage you can get a compensation of € 1.414 + expenses.
|Limit of liability
|Lost or damaged
|€ 1.414 = 1.253 SDR (Special Drawing Rights)
|Clothes, cost of the baggage, taxis
Read: Fill the PIR: Property Irregularity Report to claim for the luggage to Air Caraibes
What is Air Caraibes Property Irregularity Report?
A Air Caraibes Property Irregularity Report (PIR) reference is a unique code that traces your delayed or damaged luggage. You can find 10 letters and numbers and it is imperative to claim to Air Caraibes.
- Number of lost baggages
- Reference code so that Air Caraibes can track the suitcase
- Flight code
- Colour and type
The Air Caraibes Extraordinary Circumstances
The term ‘extraordinary circumstances’ is applicable when the delayed or cancelled flight is due to something uncommon in which a claim receives no compensation. Such as:
- Really bad weather conditions
- Political or civil unrest
- Some strikes unrelated to Air Caraibes such as baggage handlers
Air Caraibes not real Extraordinary Circumstances:
- Problems with Air Caraibes staff
- Bad weather affecting a previous flight
- Denied boarding due to the flight being overbooked
- Air Caraibes technical problems
Air Caraibes denied boarding:
- Do not dispose of boarding passes.
- Ask why you’re being denied boarding.
Can I claim my delayed flight directly to Air Caraibes?
First, if you want to claim directly to Air Caraibes, you should know your chances are very small, since very often Air Caraibes tries to justify their delayed flights with extraordinary circumstances that didn’t really happen, like bad weather. Therefore, it is highly recommendable to funnel your claim through lexority.
How far back can you go with claiming flight delay compensation to Air Caraibes
Deadline to claim a flight to Air Caraibes: 2 to 5 years as a general rule, contingent on the type of regulation that is applicable in each case.
- Montreal Convention: two years
- Eu law: two to ten years. It is necessary to the civil code for each country.
Documents to claim properly to Air Caraibes:
Some advice to claim Air Caraibes
Keep ticket expenses to claim Air Caraibes
Even though Air Caraibes must refund the expenses, sometimes the airline doesn´t do it. Air Caraibes is allowed to ask for your receipts as proof before refunding you for the expenses of your trip.
Air Caraibes flight delays: 3 or more hours
Air Caraibes delay must be higher than 3 hours to be entitled to a compensation.
Air Caraibes overbooking: is it legal?
Air Caraibes Overbooking: When Air Caraibes sells more tickets than the possible number of people they can accommodate.
The overbooking is legal, but you are entitled to a compensation up to € 600.
Air Caraibes aims to avoid empty seats because of no-shows, and this must be legally sanctioned.
When the Air Caraibes passenger has received a reservation or any document stating the payment has been accepted and registered, it is a “confirmed reservation”. Boarding denials happen when a passenger presents to the gate but Air Caraibes refuses them access to the plane.
How do I know how long the Air Caraibes flight delay has been?
- Have a Lexority lawyer to tell you how long the Air Caraibes flight delay was without any doubt. You have to be aware that the following tools are not always accurate and need a payment record.
- Use the web http://www.flightstats.com/ where if you register you can see the Air Caraibes status of all flights including those of years ago.
- Another option is entering to https://www.flightradar24.com/ where you can see the last seven days Air Caraibes flight delays without registering. After registration you can also see delayed flights from up to 2 years ago.
Must read: When the Air Caraibes delay is very close to three hours, Flightradar24 is not 100% accurate, since it shows the time of landing, but not the exit from the plane, which is what the law says has to be taken in consideration.