Aeroflot Compensation: Claim flight delay, cancellation or lost baggage. Get up to 600 euros compensation for a delayed or cancelled flight and 1.414 euros for lost luggage.
Aeroflot flight compensation: European law and Montreal Convention
Aeroflot European Flight compensation: delayed, cancelled and overbooked flight
Only when any of these 2 circumstances occur:
- if it is an european airline or…
- When the flight departs from europe
Compensation outline under European law: Aeroflot delayed, cancelled and overbooked fligh
|Flight Distance (Km)
|– 1.500 km
|Claim € 250
|1.500 Km – 3.500 Km
|Claim € 400
|More than 3.500 Km
|Claim € 600
Aeroflot E.g. compensation according to european law
- Flight cancellation from Paris to Zurich: -1.500 km = € 250 + expenses.
- Flight delay from Las Palmas to Paris: Between 1.500 km and 3.500 km = 400 euros + expenses.
- Flight delay from Paris to : More than 3.500 km = 600 euros + expenses.
Aeroflot Compensations under Montreal Convention for delays, cancellations, overbooking and baggage
Suitable when these two circumstances occur simultaneously:
- All luggage claims even if the airline is european
- When it is not an european airline and the flight does not take off from Europe
Delayed flight, cancellation or overbooking compensation table according to the Montreal Convention
|Limit of liability
|5.708 euros = 4.694 SDR (Special Drawing Rights)
|Other flighs, rents, tours, other missed flights
Aeroflot lost baggage or delayed luggage compensation
If you Claim Aeroflot for baggage delay you can get a compensation of € 1.414 + expenses.
|Limit of liability
|Lost or damaged
|€ 1.414 = 1.253 SDR (Special Drawing Rights)
|Clothes, cost of the baggage, taxis
Note: Fill in the PIR to claim for the luggage to Aeroflot: Property Irregularity Report
What is Aeroflot Property Irregularity Report?
A Aeroflot Property Irregularity Report (PIR) reference is a unique code that tracks your delayed or damaged baggage. You can find 10 letters and numbers and it is imperative to claim to Aeroflot.
- Number of lost baggages
- Ref code so that Aeroflot can track the suitcase
- Flight code
- Colour and type
The Aeroflot Extraordinary Circumstances
The term ‘extraordinary circumstances’ applies when the delayed or cancelled flight is caused by something unexpected in which a claim receives no compensation. Things like:
- Really bad weather conditions
- A few strikes unrelated to Aeroflot like air traffic
Aeroflot unreal Extraordinary Circumstances:
- Issues with Aeroflot staff
- Bad weather affecting a previous flight
- Denied boarding due to the flight being overbooked
- Aeroflot technical problems
Aeroflot denied boarding:
- Do not dispose of boarding passes.
- Ask why you’re being denied boarding.
Can I claim my flight delay directly to Aeroflot?
First, if you want to claim directly to Aeroflot, you should know your chances are scarce, since very often Aeroflot tries to justify their flight delays with extraordinary circumstances that didn’t really happen, like issues with air traffic control. Consequently, it’s advised to funnel your claim through lexority.
Deadline to claim a flight: How far back can I claim a flight compensation to Aeroflot?
Time Limit: 2 to 5 years as a general rule, contingent on the type of regulation that is applicable in that particular case.
- Montreal Convention: 2 years
- Eu law: two to ten years. It is necessary to the civil code for that particular country.
Documentation to claim properly to Aeroflot:
ID or pass
Some Tips to claim Aeroflot
Keep all Aeroflot trip docummentation
Keep the boarding pass and e-ticket Aeroflot gave you. You should not throw them away. They are often very useful to claim Aeroflot.
Aeroflot delayed flights for 3 or more hours
Aeroflot delay must be higher than 3 hours to be entitled to a compensation.
Aeroflot overbooking: is it legal?
Overbooked Aeroflot flight: When Aeroflot sells more tickets than the possible number of people they can take.
The overbooking is legal, but you can get a compensation up to € 600.
Aeroflot aims to avoid empty seats because of no-shows, but this must be legally sanctioned.
When the Aeroflot passenger has received a flight ticket or any document stating the payment has been accepted and registered, it is a “confirmed reservation”. Boarding denials happen when a passenger presents to the gate but Aeroflot refuses them access to the plane.
How do I know how long was Aeroflot flight delayed?
- Have a Lexority attorney to tell you how long the Aeroflot flight delay was without any doubt. Take in to account that the following websites are not always accurate and need a payment record.
- You can use the web http://www.flightstats.com/ where if you register you can see the Aeroflot status of all flights including those of years ago.
- Another way is accesing to https://www.flightradar24.com/ where you can see the last 7 days Aeroflot flight delays without registering. If you register you can also see delayed flights from up to two years ago.
Note: When the Aeroflot delay is very close to 3 hours, Flightradar24 is not 100% reliable, since it shows the time of landing, but not the exit from the plane, which is what the regulations says has to be taken in consideration.