Adria Airways Compensation: Claim flight delay, cancellation or lost baggage. Get up to € 600 compensation for a delayed or cancelled flight and 1.414 euros for lost luggage.
Adria Airways flight compensation: EU 261 Law and Montreal Convention
Adria Airways EU Flight compensation: delayed, cancelled and overbooked flight
Only applicable when
- if it is an european airline or…
- if the flight departs from europe
Compensation review under Eu law: Adria Airways delayed, cancelled and overbooked fligh
|Flight (km)||Adria Airways Compensation||Claim|
|– 1.500 km||€ 250||Claim € 250|
|1.500 Km – 3.500 Km||€ 400||Claim € 400|
|+ 3.500 Km||€ 600||Claim € 600|
Adria Airways Expenses
Adria Airways damages
Adria Airways Example of compensation according to European 261 law
- Flight cancellation from Frankfurt to London: -1.500 km = € 250 + expenses.
- Flight cancellation from Las Palmas to Belgium: 1.500 km -3.500 km = € 400 + expenses.
- Flight delay from Berlin to : 3.500 km + = 600 euros + expenses.
Adria Airways Compensations under Montreal Convention for delays, cancellations, overbooking and baggage
Only when these two circumstances happen at the same time:
- All baggage claims even if it is an european airline
- When it is not an european airline and the flight does not take off from Europe
Compensation table for flight delays, cancellations, or overbooked flight according to the Montreal Convention
|Compensation||Limit of liability||Expenses|
|Baggage||5.708 euros = 4.694 SDR (Special Drawing Rights)||Hotels, taxis, tours, other missed flights|
Adria Airways lost baggage or delayed luggage compensation
If you want to Claim Adria Airways for luggage delay you can get a compensation of 1.414 euros + expenses.
|Baggage claim||Limit of liability||Expenses|
|Lost or damaged||€ 1.414 = 1.253 SDR (Special Drawing Rights)||Clothes, cost of the baggage, taxis|
Important: Fill the PIR: Property Irregularity Report to claim for the luggage to Adria Airways
What is the meaning of PIR?
The Adria Airways Property Irregularity Report (PIR) reference is a unique code that traces your lost or damaged suitcase. You can find 10 letters and numbers and it is imperative to claim to Adria Airways.
- Ref code
- Number of lost suitcase
- Colour and type
The Adria Airways Extraordinary Circumstances
The term ‘extraordinary circumstances’ applies when the delayed or cancelled flight is due to something unusual in which a claim receives no compensation. Things like:
- Really bad weather conditions
- Political or civil unrest
- A few strikes not releated to Adria Airways like baggage handlers
Adria Airways not real Extraordinary Circumstances:
- Issues with Adria Airways staff
- Bad weather affecting a previous flight
- Denied boarding due to the flight being overbooked
- Adria Airways technical problems
Adria Airways “no show” booking clauses
“No show” is ilegal. You can claim a compensation for the denied boarding.
Can I claim my delayed flight directly to Adria Airways?
First, if you want to claim directly to Adria Airways, you should know your chances are very small, since very often Adria Airways tries to justify their flight delays with extraordinary circumstances that did not really happen, such as bad weather. Therefore, it’s highly recommendable to funnel your claim through lexority.
Deadline to claim a flight: How far back can I claim a flight compensation to Adria Airways?
Time Limit: 2 to 5 years as a general rule, depending on the type of regulation that is applicable in each case.
- Montreal Convention: 2 years
- Eu law: 2 to 10 years. It is necessary to the civil code for each country.
Documents to claim correctly to Adria Airways:
Some Tips to claim Adria Airways
keep safe all Adria Airways flight docummentation
Keep the boarding pass and e-ticket Adria Airways gave you. You should not throw them away. They are often very useful to claim Adria Airways.
Adria Airways flight delays: 3 or more hours
To be entitled to a compensation, Adria Airways delayed flight must be higher than 3 hours.
Overbooking at Adria Airways flight
Adria Airways Overbooking: When Adria Airways sells more tickets than the actual number of passengers they can take.
The overbooking is legal, but you can get a compensation up to € 600.
Adria Airways aims to avoid empty seats due to no-shows, and this must be legally sanctioned.
When the Adria Airways passenger has received a reservation or any document stating the payment has been accepted and registered, it is a “confirmed reservation”. Boarding denials happen when a passenger presents to the gate but Adria Airways refuses them access to the plane.
How to know how long the Adria Airways flight has been delayed
- Have a Lexority attorney to tell you how long was the delay of the Adria Airways flight without a doubt. You have to be aware that the following sites are not always accurate and need a payment record.
- Use the web Flight Stats where if you register you can see the Adria Airways status of all flights including those of years ago.
- Another way is accesing to https://www.flightradar24.com/ where you can see the last 7 days Adria Airways flight delays without registering. After registration you can also see delayed flights from up to two years ago.
Must read: When the Adria Airways delay is very close to three hours, Flightradar24 is not 100% reliable, since it shows the time of landing, but not the exit from the plane, which is what the regulations says has to be taken in consideration.