Xiamen Airlines Compensation: Claim flight delay, cancellation or lost baggage. Get up to 600 euros refund for a delayed or cancelled flight and € 1.414 for lost luggage.
Xiamen Airlines flight compensation: European law and Montreal Convention
Xiamen Airlines European compensation: delayed, cancelled and overbooked flight
- if it is an european airline or…
- When the flight departs from europe
Compensation review under European law: Xiamen Airlines delayed, cancelled and overbooked fligh
|Flight (km)||Xiamen Airlines Compensation||Claim|
|– 1.500 km||€ 250||Claim € 250|
|1.500 Km – 3.500 Km||€ 400||Claim € 400|
|+ 3.500 Km||€ 600||Claim € 600|
Xiamen Airlines Expenses
Xiamen Airlines damages
Xiamen Airlines Example of compensation according to european law
- Flight delay from Frankfurt to Zurich: Less than 1.500 km = € 250 + expenses.
- Flight cancellation from Las Palmas to Paris: Between 1.500 km and 3.500 km = € 400 + expenses.
- Flight delay from Rome to Tokyo: 3.500 km + = € 600 + expenses.
Xiamen Airlines Compensations under Montreal Convention for delays, cancellations, overbooking and baggage
Only when these two circumstances happen simultaneously:
- All baggage claims even if it is an european airline
- When it is not an european airline and the flight doesn´t take off from Europe
Delayed flight, cancellation or overbooking compensation table according to the Montreal Convention
|Compensation||Limit of liability||Expenses|
|Luggage||€ 5.708 = 4.694 SDR (Special Drawing Rights)||Hotels, taxis, tours, other missed flights|
Xiamen Airlines lost baggage or delayed luggage compensation
If you want to Claim Xiamen Airlines for luggage delay you can get a compensation of € 1.414 + expenses.
|Luggage claim||Limit of liability||Expenses|
|Lost or damaged||€ 1.414 = 1.253 SDR (Special Drawing Rights)||Clothes, cost of the baggage, taxis|
Important: Fill the PIR: Property Irregularity Report to claim for the luggage to Xiamen Airlines
What is the meaning of PIR?
The Xiamen Airlines Property Irregularity Report (PIR) number is a unique code that tracks your delayed or damaged luggage. You can find 10 letters and numbers and it is demanded to claim to Xiamen Airlines.
- Number of lost luggages
- Type of disruption
- Reference code so that Xiamen Airlines can track the suitcase
- Flight code
- Color and type
The Xiamen Airlines Extraordinary Circumstances
The term ‘extraordinary circumstances’ is applicable when the delayed or cancelled flight is due to something unusual in which a claim receives no compensation. Things like:
- Extreme weather conditions
- Political or civil unrest
- A few strikes not releated to Xiamen Airlines such as air traffic
Xiamen Airlines not real Extraordinary Circumstances:
- Issues with Xiamen Airlines staff
- Bad weather affecting a previous flight
- Denied boarding due to the flight being overbooked
- Xiamen Airlines technical problems
Xiamen Airlines denied boarding:
- Do not dispose of boarding passes.
- Ask for the reasons you’re being denied boarding.
Can I claim my delayed flight directly to Xiamen Airlines?
First of all, if you want to claim directly to Xiamen Airlines, you should know your chances are very small, since very often Xiamen Airlines tries to justify their flight delays with extraordinary circumstances that did not really happen, like bad weather. Therefore, it’s highly recommendable to funnel your claim through lexority.
How far back can you go with claiming flight delay compensation to Xiamen Airlines
Time Limit: 2 to 5 years as a general rule, depending on the type of regulation that is fit in that particular case.
- Montreal Convention: 2 years
- Eu law: 2 to 10 years. You must read the civil code for that particular country.
Documents to claim successfully to Xiamen Airlines:
Some Tips to claim Xiamen Airlines
Inquire about the reason for Xiamen Airlines delay or cancellation
The reason of the delayed flight is important: mainly if you have thrown away the boarding pass.
Xiamen Airlines flight delays: 3 or more hours
Xiamen Airlines delay must be higher than 3 hours to be granted a compensation.
Overbooking at Xiamen Airlines flight
Xiamen Airlines Overbooking: When Xiamen Airlines sells more tickets than the actual number of people they can accommodate.
The overbooking is legal, but you can be granted up to € 600.
Xiamen Airlines aims to avoid empty seats because of no-shows, but this must be legally sanctioned.
When the Xiamen Airlines passenger has received a flight ticket or any document stating the payment has been accepted and registered, it is a “confirmed reservation”. Boarding denials happen when a passenger presents to the gate but Xiamen Airlines refuses them access to the plane.
How do I know how long was Xiamen Airlines flight delayed?
- Have a Lexority lawyer to tell you how long the Xiamen Airlines flight has been delayed without a doubt. You have to be aware that the following webpages are not always accurate and need a payment record.
- You can use the web Flight Stats where if you register you can see the Xiamen Airlines status of all flights including those of years ago.
- Another way is entering to https://www.flightradar24.com/ where you can see the last 7 days Xiamen Airlines flight delays without registering. If you register you can also see delayed flights from up to 2 years ago.
Must read: When the Xiamen Airlines delay is very close to 3 hours, Flightradar24 is not 100% accurate, since it shows the time of landing, but not the exit from the plane, which is what the law dictates has to be taken in consideration.