Vueling Compensation: Claim flight delay, cancellation or lost baggage. Get up to € 600 refund for a delayed or cancelled flight and € 1.414 for lost luggage.
Vueling flight compensation: Eu law and Montreal Convention
Vueling European Flight compensation: delayed, cancelled and overbooked flight
- if the airline is European or…
- if the flight takes off from europe
Compensation review under European law: Vueling delay, cancellation and overbooking
|Flight Distance (Km)||Vueling Compensation||Claim|
|Less than 1.500 km||€ 250||Claim € 250|
|1.500 Km – 3.500 Km||€ 400||Claim € 400|
|+ 3.500 Km||€ 600||Claim € 600|
Vueling Example of compensation according to European 261 law
- Flight overbooking from Frankfurt to Brussels: -1.500 km = 250 euros + expenses.
- Flight delay from Tenrife to Florence: Between 1.500 km and 3.500 km = € 400 + expenses.
- Flight delay from Rome to Cali: More than 3.500 km = 600 euros + expenses.
Vueling Montreal Convention Compensations for delays, cancellations, overbooking and baggage
Only when these two circumstances happen simultaneously:
- All luggage claims even if the airline is european
- When the airline is not European and the flight does not take off from Europe
Delayed flight, cancellation or overbooking compensation table according to the Montreal Convention
|Compensation||Limit of liability||Expenses|
|Luggage||€ 5.708 = 4.694 SDR (Special Drawing Rights)||Other flighs, rents, tours, other missed flights|
Vueling lost baggage or delayed luggage compensation
If you want to Claim Vueling for baggage delay you can get a compensation of 1.414 euros + expenses.
|Luggage claim||Limit of liability||Expenses|
|Lost or damaged||€ 1.414 = 1.253 SDR (Special Drawing Rights)||Clothes, cost of the baggage, taxis|
Must read: Fill the PIR: Property Irregularity Report to claim for the baggage to Vueling
What is Vueling Property Irregularity Report?
A Vueling Property Irregularity Report (PIR) number is a unique code that traces your delayed or damaged suitcase. You can find 10 letters and numbers and it is required to claim to Vueling.
- Number of lost baggages
- Type of disruption
- Ref code so that Vueling can trace the suitcase
- Color and type
The Vueling Extraordinary Circumstances
The term ‘extraordinary circumstances’ is applicable when the delay/cancellation is caused by something unexpected in which a claim receives no compensation. Such as:
- Extreme weather conditions
- Political or civil unrest
- A few strikes not releated to Vueling like baggage handlers
Vueling unreal Extraordinary Circumstances:
- Issues with Vueling staff
- Bad weather affecting a previous flight
- Denied boarding due to an overbooking
- Vueling technical problems
Vueling denied boarding:
- Do not get rid off boarding passes.
- Ask for the reasons you’re being denied boarding.
Can I claim my delayed flight directly to Vueling?
First of all, if you want to claim directly to Vueling, you should know your chances are scarce, since very often Vueling tries to justify their delayed flights with extraordinary circumstances that did not really happen, such as issues with air traffic control. Consequently, it’s highly recommendable to funnel your claim through lexority.
How far back can you go with claiming flight delay compensation to Vueling
Time Limit: 2 to 5 years as a general rule, depending on the type of regulation that applies in each case.
- Montreal Convention: two years
- UE Regulation: 2 to 10 years. You must read the civil code for that particular country.
Documents to claim successfully to Vueling:
Guidance to claim Vueling
Ask for the reason for Vueling delay or cancellation
The cause of the delayed flight is critical: principally if you don´t have the boarding passes.
Vueling delayed flights for 3 or more hours
Vueling delay must be higher than 3 hours to be granted a compensation.
Vueling overbooking: is it legal?
Overbooked Vueling flight: When Vueling sells more tickets than the actual number of passengers they can accommodate.
The overbooking is legal, but you can be granted up to € 600.
Vueling aims to avoid empty seats due to no-shows, and this must be legally sanctioned.
When the Vueling passenger has received a flight ticket or any document stating the payment has been accepted and registered, it is a “confirmed reservation”. Boarding denials happen when a passenger presents to the gate but Vueling refuses them access to the plane.
These are your rights to claim Vueling
Contact us if you have any question. Here we are if you want to claim for a flight delay, cancellation, overbooking or lost baggage to Vueling.