Vanilla Air Compensation: Claim flight delay, cancellation or lost baggage. Get up to € 600 refund for a delayed or cancelled flight and 1.414 euros for lost luggage.
Vanilla Air flight compensation: EU 261 Law and Montreal Convention
Vanilla Air European compensation: delayed, cancelled and overbooked flight
- When it is an european airline or…
- When the flight takes off from europe
Compensation brief under European law: Vanilla Air delay, cancellation and overbooking
|Flight Distance (Km)||Vanilla Air Compensation||Claim|
|– 1.500 km||€ 250||Claim € 250|
|1.500 Km – 3.500 Km||€ 400||Claim € 400|
|More than 3.500 Km||€ 600||Claim € 600|
Vanilla Air Expenses
Vanilla Air damages
Vanilla Air Example of compensation according to european law
- Flight delay from Frankfurt to Florence: -1.500 km = € 250 + expenses.
- Flight cancellation from Tenrife to Florence: Between 1.500 km and 3.500 km = 400 euros + expenses.
- Flight overbooking from Berlin to : More than 3.500 km = 600 euros + expenses.
Vanilla Air Compensations under Montreal Convention for delays, cancellations, overbooking and baggage
Only when these two circumstances occur simultaneously:
- All luggage claims even if the airline is european
- When the airline is not European and the flight does not take off from Europe
Delayed flight, cancellation or overbooking compensation table according to the Montreal Convention
|Compensation||Limit of liability||Expenses|
|Baggage||€ 5.708 = 4.694 SDR (Special Drawing Rights)||Other flighs, rents, tours, other missed flights|
Vanilla Air lost baggage or delayed luggage compensation
If you Claim Vanilla Air for lost baggage you can get a compensation of € 1.414 + expenses.
|Luggage claim||Limit of liability||Expenses|
|Lost or damaged||1.414 euros = 1.253 SDR (Special Drawing Rights)||Clothes, cost of the baggage, taxis|
Must read: Fill the PIR: Property Irregularity Report to claim for the luggage to Vanilla Air
What is Vanilla Air PIR?
The Vanilla Air Property Irregularity Report (PIR) reference is a unique code that tracks your delayed or damaged baggage. You can find 10 letters and numbers and it is demanded to claim to Vanilla Air.
- Ref code
- Number of lost luggages
- Type of disruption
- Colour and type
The Vanilla Air Extraordinary Circumstances
The term ‘extraordinary circumstances’ applies when the delayed or cancelled flight is caused by something uncommon in which a claim receives no compensation. Things like:
- Really bad weather conditions
- Some strikes unrelated to Vanilla Air like air traffic
Vanilla Air unreal Extraordinary Circumstances:
- Problems with Vanilla Air staff
- Bad weather affecting a previous flight
- Denied boarding due to an overbooking
- Vanilla Air technical problems
Vanilla Air “no show” : is it legal?
“No show” is ilegal. You can claim a compensation if you are being denied from boarding.
Can I claim my flight delay directly to Vanilla Air?
First, if you want to claim directly to Vanilla Air, you have to know your chances are scarce, since very often Vanilla Air tries to justify their flight delays with extraordinary circumstances that didn’t really happen, like issues with air traffic control. Consequently, it’s highly recommendable to funnel your claim through lexority.
How far back can you go with claiming flight delay compensation to Vanilla Air
Time Limit: 2 to 5 years as a general rule, contingent on the type of law that is fit in each case.
- Montreal Convention: two years
- Eu law: two to ten years. You must read the civil code for each country.
Documents to claim properly to Vanilla Air:
ID or pass
Some Tips to claim Vanilla Air
Do not accept any offer from Vanilla Air
Don´t accept any offer from Vanilla Air that doesn’t match what the EU 261 Law imposes. Refer to the sections above to check how much money you are legally entitled to.
Vanilla Air flight delays: 3 or more hours
Vanilla Air delay must be higher than 3 hours to be entitled to a compensation.
Vanilla Air overbooking: is it legal?
Overbooked Vanilla Air flight: When Vanilla Air sells more tickets than the actual number of people they can accommodate.
The overbooking is legal, but you can get a compensation up to € 600.
Vanilla Air aims to avoid empty seats due to no-shows, but this must be legally sanctioned.
Once a Vanilla Air passenger has received a flight ticket or any document stating the payment has been accepted and registered, it is a “confirmed reservation”. Boarding denials happen when a passenger presents to the gate but Vanilla Air refuses them access to the plane.
How do I know how long the Vanilla Air flight delay has been?
- Contact a Lexority specialist to tell you how long the Vanilla Air flight has been delayed without a doubt. Take in to account that the following webpages are not always accurate and need a payment record.
- You can use the web http://www.flightstats.com/ where if you register you can see the Vanilla Air status of all flights including those of years ago.
- Another way is to go to Flight Radar where you can see the last 7 days Vanilla Air flight delays without registering. After registration you can also see delayed flights from up to 2 years ago.
Advice: When the Vanilla Air delay is very close to three hours, Flightradar24 is not 100% reliable, since it shows the time of landing, but not the exit from the plane, which is what the regulations says has to be taken in consideration.