UTair Compensation: Claim flight delay, cancellation or lost baggage. Get up to € 600 refund for a delayed or cancelled flight and € 1.414 for lost luggage.
UTair flight compensation: European law and Montreal Convention
UTair European Flight compensation: delay, cancellation and overbooking
- When the airline is European or…
- When the flight departs from europe
Compensation brief under European law: UTair delay, cancellation and overbooking
|Flight Distance (Km)||UTair Compensation||Claim|
|– 1.500 km||€ 250||Claim € 250|
|1.500 Km – 3.500 Km||€ 400||Claim € 400|
|More than 3.500 Km||€ 600||Claim € 600|
UTair Example of compensation according to European 261 law
- Flight delay from Frankfurt to London: -1.500 km = 250 euros + expenses.
- Flight overbooking from Tenrife to Paris: 1.500 km -3.500 km = € 400 + expenses.
- Flight delay from Paris to United States: More than 3.500 km = 600 euros + expenses.
UTair Montreal Convention Compensations for delays, cancellations, overbooking and baggage
Only applicable when these 2 circumstances occur simultaneously:
- All baggage claims even if the airline is european
- When it is not an european airline and the flight does not depart from Europe
Compensation table for flight delays, cancellations, or overbooking according to the Montreal Convention
|Compensation||Limit of liability||Expenses|
|Baggage||€ 5.708 = 4.694 SDR (Special Drawing Rights)||Other flighs, rents, tours, other missed flights|
UTair lost baggage or delayed luggage compensation
If you Claim UTair for luggage delay you can get a compensation of € 1.414 + expenses.
|Luggage claim||Limit of liability||Expenses|
|Lost or damaged||€ 1.414 = 1.253 SDR (Special Drawing Rights)||Clothes, cost of the baggage, taxis|
Important: Fill the PIR: Property Irregularity Report to claim for the luggage to UTair
What is UTair PIR?
A UTair Property Irregularity Report (PIR) reference is a unique code that traces your delayed or damaged suitcase. You can find 10 letters and numbers and it is needed to claim to UTair.
- Ref code
- Number of lost baggages
- Type of disruption
- Colour and type
The UTair Extraordinary Circumstances
The term ‘extraordinary circumstances’ is applicable when the delayed or cancelled flight is due to something unusual in which a claim receives no compensation. Things like:
- Extreme weather conditions
- Political or civil unrest
- A few strikes not releated to UTair like air traffic
UTair unreal Extraordinary Circumstances:
- Issues with UTair staff
- Bad weather affecting a previous flight
- Denied boarding due to the flight being overbooked
- UTair technical problems
UTair “no show” : is it legal?
“No show” is ilegal. You can claim a compensation if you are being denied from boarding.
Can I claim my flight delay directly to UTair?
First of all, if you want to claim directly to UTair, you have to know your chances are very small, since very often UTair tries to justify their flight delays with extraordinary circumstances that did not really happen, like bad weather. Consequently, it’s advised to funnel your claim through lexority.
Time limit: How far back can I claim a flight compensation to UTair?
Deadline to claim a flight to UTair: 2 to 5 years as a general rule, contingent on the type of regulation that applies in each case.
- Montreal Convention: two years
- Eu law: two to ten years. You must read the civil code for that particular country.
Documents to claim correctly to UTair:
ID or pass
Some Tips to claim UTair
Keep receipts to claim UTair
Although UTair must refund the expenses, sometimes the airline doesn´t do it. UTair is allowed to ask for your receipts as proof before refunding you for the expenses of your flight.
UTair delayed flights for 3 or more hours
To be entitled to a compensation, UTair delayed flight must be higher than 3 hours.
Overbooking at UTair flight
Overbooked UTair flight: When UTair sells more tickets than the actual number of people they can accommodate.
The overbooking is legal, but you can get a compensation up to € 600.
UTair aims to avoid empty seats because of no-shows, but this must be legally sanctioned.
Once a UTair passenger has received a reservation or any document stating the payment has been accepted and registered, it is a “confirmed reservation”. Boarding denials happen when a passenger presents to the gate but UTair refuses them access to the plane.
How do I know how long was UTair flight delayed?
- Have a Lexority lawyer to tell you how long the UTair flight delay was without any doubt. You have to be aware that the following tools are not always accurate and need a payment record.
- You can use the web Flight Stats where if you register you can see the UTair status of all flights including those of years ago.
- Another way is to go to Flight Radar where you can see the last 7 days UTair flight delays without registering. After registration you can also see delayed flights from up to two years ago.
Must read: When the UTair delay is very close to 3 hours, Flightradar24 is not 100% accurate, since it shows the time of landing, but not the exit from the plane, which is what the law dictates has to be taken in consideration.