Tarom Compensation: Claim flight delay, cancellation or lost baggage. Get up to 600 euros refund for a delayed or cancelled flight and 1.414 euros for lost luggage.
Tarom flight compensation: EU 261 Law and Montreal Convention
Tarom European compensation: delayed, cancelled and overbooked flight
Only applicable when
- When it is an european airline or…
- if the flight departs from europe
Compensation summary under Eu law: Tarom delay, cancellation and overbooking
|Flight Distance (Km)||Tarom Compensation||Claim|
|Less than 1.500 km||€ 250||Claim € 250|
|1.500 Km – 3.500 Km||€ 400||Claim € 400|
|More than 3.500 Km||€ 600||Claim € 600|
Tarom Example of compensation according to european law
- Flight overbooking from Milan to Zurich: Less than 1.500 km = € 250 + expenses.
- Flight overbooking from Tenrife to Belgium: 1.500 km -3.500 km = 400 euros + expenses.
- Flight overbooking from Madrid to United States: More than 3.500 km = 600 euros + expenses.
Tarom Montreal Convention Compensations for delays, cancellations, overbooking and baggage
Suitable when these 2 circumstances occur at the same time:
- All baggage claims even if the airline is european
- When it is not an european airline and the flight does not take off from Europe
Delayed flight, cancellation or overbooking compensation table according to the Montreal Convention
|Compensation||Limit of liability||Expenses|
|Baggage||€ 5.708 = 4.694 SDR (Special Drawing Rights)||Other flighs, rents, tours, other missed flights|
Tarom lost baggage or delayed luggage compensation
If you Claim Tarom for baggage delay you can get a compensation of 1.414 euros + expenses.
|Baggage claim||Limit of liability||Expenses|
|Lost or damaged||€ 1.414 = 1.253 SDR (Special Drawing Rights)||Clothes, cost of the baggage, taxis|
Must read: Fill the PIR: Property Irregularity Report to claim for the baggage to Tarom
What is Tarom PIR?
A Tarom Property Irregularity Report (PIR) number is a unique code that tracks your lost or damaged suitcase. It has a combination of 10 letters and numbers and it is necessary to claim to Tarom.
- Number of lost baggages
- Type of disruption
- Reference code so that Tarom can track the suitcase
- Color and type
The Tarom Extraordinary Circumstances
The term ‘extraordinary circumstances’ applies when the delayed or cancelled flight is caused by something unusual in which a claim receives no compensation. Example:
- Extreme weather conditions
- A few strikes not releated to Tarom such as air traffic
Tarom unreal Extraordinary Circumstances:
- Problems with Tarom staff
- Bad weather affecting a previous flight
- Denied boarding due to the flight being overbooked
- Tarom technical problems
About Tarom Downgrade
If you suffer a Tarom downgrade, the airline must refund 30% to 75% of the cost of the ticket depending on the distance of the flight.
Can I claim my delayed flight directly to Tarom?
First, if you want to claim directly to Tarom, you have to know your chances are scarce, since very often Tarom tries to justify their delayed flights with extraordinary circumstances that did not really happen, such as bad weather. Consequently, it is highly recommendable to direct your claim through lexority.
How far back can you go with claiming flight delay compensation to Tarom
Deadline to claim a flight to Tarom: 2 to 5 years as a general rule, contingent on the type of regulation that is applicable in each case.
- Montreal Convention: two years
- Eu law: two to ten years. You must read the civil code for each country.
Documents to claim properly to Tarom:
Some advice to claim Tarom
Keep receipts to claim Tarom
Even though Tarom must refund the expenses, sometimes the airline doesn´t do it. Tarom is allowed to ask for your receipts as proof before refunding you for the extra costs of your flight.
Tarom delayed flights for 3 or more hours
Tarom delay must be higher than 3 hours to be entitled to a compensation.
Overbooking at Tarom flight
Overbooked Tarom flight: When Tarom sells more tickets than the possible number of passengers they can accommodate.
The overbooking is legal, but you can get a compensation up to € 600.
Tarom aims to avoid empty seats due to no-shows, and this must be legally sanctioned.
When the Tarom passenger has received a reservation or any document stating the payment has been accepted and registered, it is a “confirmed reservation”. Boarding denials happen when a passenger presents to the gate but Tarom refuses them access to the plane.
How to know how long the Tarom flight has been delayed
- Contact a Lexority specialist to tell you how long the Tarom flight has been delayed without a doubt. Take in to account that the following webpages are not always accurate and need a payment record.
- Use the web Flight Stats where if you register you can see the Tarom status of all flights including those of years ago.
- Another way is entering to Flight Radar where you can see the last seven days Tarom flight delays without registering. After registration you can also see delayed flights from up to two years ago.
Note: When the Tarom delay is very close to three hours, Flightradar24 is not 100% accurate, since it shows the time of landing, but not the exit from the plane, which is what the law dictates has to be taken in consideration.
Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/reclama2/public_html/lexority.com/wp-includes/class-wp-query.php on line 3502
Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/reclama2/public_html/lexority.com/wp-includes/class-wp-query.php on line 3504
Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/reclama2/public_html/lexority.com/wp-includes/class-wp-query.php on line 3506