TACA Compensation: Claim flight delay, cancellation or lost baggage. Get up to € 600 compensation for a delayed or cancelled flight and € 1.414 for lost luggage.
TACA flight compensation: European law and Montreal Convention
TACA European compensation: delay, cancellation and overbooking
- When it is an european airline or…
- When the flight takes off from europe
Compensation brief under European law: TACA delay, cancellation and overbooking
|Flight Distance (Km)||TACA Compensation||Claim|
|Less than 1.500 km||€ 250||Claim € 250|
|1.500 Km – 3.500 Km||€ 400||Claim € 400|
|+ 3.500 Km||€ 600||Claim € 600|
TACA Example of compensation according to european law
- Flight overbooking from Frankfurt to Brussels: -1.500 km = € 250 + expenses.
- Flight overbooking from Tenrife to Paris: 1.500 km -3.500 km = € 400 + expenses.
- Flight delay from Barcelona to Tokyo: 3.500 km + = € 600 + expenses.
TACA Compensations under Montreal Convention for delays, cancellations, overbooking and baggage
Suitable when these 2 circumstances happen at the same time:
- All baggage claims even if the airline is european
- When the airline is not European and the flight does not take off from Europe
Compensation table for flight delays, cancellations, or overbooked flight according to the Montreal Convention
|Compensation||Limit of liability||Expenses|
|Baggage||€ 5.708 = 4.694 SDR (Special Drawing Rights)||Other flighs, rents, tours, other missed flights|
TACA lost baggage or delayed luggage compensation
If you Claim TACA for baggage delay you can get a compensation of € 1.414 + expenses.
|Baggage claim||Limit of liability||Expenses|
|Lost or damaged||1.414 euros = 1.253 SDR (Special Drawing Rights)||Clothes, cost of the baggage, taxis|
Must read: Fill in the PIR to claim for the luggage to TACA: Property Irregularity Report
What is TACA Property Irregularity Report?
A TACA Property Irregularity Report (PIR) number is a unique code that tracks your lost or damaged suitcase. It has a combination of 10 letters and numbers and it is needed to claim to TACA.
- Ref code
- Number of lost luggages
- Type of disruption
- Color and type
The TACA Extraordinary Circumstances
The term ‘extraordinary circumstances’ applies when the delay/cancellation is due to something unexpected in which a claim receives no compensation. Things like:
- Extreme weather conditions
- Some strikes unrelated to TACA like baggage handlers
TACA unreal Extraordinary Circumstances:
- Problems with TACA staff
- Bad weather affecting a previous flight
- Denied boarding due to the flight being overbooked
- TACA technical problems
TACA Flight problem on a Business Trip?
If TACAflight gets cancelled, overbooked or delayed the passenger is entitled to receive the compensation, even if the company paid for the flight.
Can I claim my flight delay directly to TACA?
First of all, if you want to claim directly to TACA, you should know your chances are very small, since very often TACA tries to justify their delayed flights with extraordinary circumstances that did not really happen, such as issues with air traffic control. Therefore, it’s highly recommendable to direct your claim through lexority.
How far back can you go with claiming flight delay compensation to TACA
Time Limit: 2 to 5 years as a general rule, contingent on the type of regulation that applies in that particular case.
- Montreal Convention: two years
- Eu law: 2 to 10 years. It is necessary to the civil code for that particular country.
Documentation to claim correctly to TACA:
Guidance to claim TACA
keep safe all TACA trip docummentation
keep safe the boarding pass and e-ticket TACA gave you. You should not dispose of them. They are often very useful to claim TACA.
TACA flight delays: 3 or more hours
To be entitled to a compensation, TACA delayed flight must be higher than 3 hours.
Overbooked TACA flight
Overbooked TACA flight: When TACA sells more tickets than the possible number of passengers they can accommodate.
The overbooking is legal, but you can get a compensation up to € 600.
TACA aims to avoid empty seats due to no-shows, and this must be legally sanctioned.
Once a TACA passenger has received a reservation or any document stating the payment has been accepted and registered, it is a “confirmed reservation”. Boarding denials happen when a passenger presents to the gate but TACA refuses them access to the plane.
How do I know how long was TACA flight delayed?
- Contact a Lexority specialist to tell you how long the TACA flight delay was without a doubt. You have to be aware that the following webpages are not always accurate and need a payment record.
- You can use the web http://www.flightstats.com/ where if you register you can see the TACA status of all flights including those of years ago.
- Another way is to go to https://www.flightradar24.com/ where you can see the last seven days TACA flight delays without registering. After registration you can also see delayed flights from up to two years ago.
Advice: When the TACA delay is very close to three hours, Flightradar24 is not 100% accurate, since it shows the time of landing, but not the exit from the plane, which is what the regulations dictates has to be taken in consideration.