STAR PERU Compensation: Claim flight delay, cancellation or lost baggage. Get up to € 600 refund for a delayed or cancelled flight and € 1.414 for lost luggage.
STAR PERU flight claim compensation: Eu law and Montreal Convention
STAR PERU EU Flight compensation: delayed, cancelled and overbooked flight
- When it is an european airline or…
- if the flight takes off from europe
Compensation table under EU 261 Law: STAR PERU delayed, cancelled and overbooked fligh
|Flight (km)||STAR PERU Compensation||Claim|
|– 1.500 km||€ 250||Claim € 250|
|1.500 Km – 3.500 Km||€ 400||Claim € 400|
|+ 3.500 Km||€ 600||Claim € 600|
STAR PERU Expenses
STAR PERU damages
STAR PERU E.g compensation according to European 261 law
- Flight cancellation from Milan to London: Less than 1.500 km = 250 euros + expenses.
- Flight overbooking from Tenrife to Paris: 1.500 km -3.500 km = € 400 + expenses.
- Flight overbooking from Berlin to India: 3.500 km + = € 600 + expenses.
STAR PERU Montreal Convention Compensations for delays, cancellations, overbooked flights and baggage
Only when these two circumstances happen simultaneously:
- All luggage claims even if the airline is european
- When it is not an european airline and the flight doesn´t depart from Europe
Compensation table for flight delays, cancellations, or overbooked flight according to the Montreal Convention
|Compensation||Limit of liability||Expenses|
|Baggage||5.708 euros = 4.694 SDR (Special Drawing Rights)||Hotels, taxis, tours, other missed flights|
STAR PERU lost baggage or delayed luggage compensation
If you Claim STAR PERU for lost baggage you can get a compensation of 1.414 euros + expenses.
|Luggage claim||Limit of liability||Expenses|
|Lost or damaged||€ 1.414 = 1.253 SDR (Special Drawing Rights)||Clothes, cost of the baggage, taxis|
Read: Fill the PIR: Property Irregularity Report to claim for the baggage to STAR PERU
What is STAR PERU PIR?
The STAR PERU Property Irregularity Report (PIR) number is a unique code that tracks your delayed or damaged baggage. It has a combination of 10 letters and numbers and it is necessary to claim to STAR PERU.
- Reference code
- Number of lost baggages
- Type of disruption
- Colour and type
The STAR PERU Extraordinary Circumstances
The term ‘extraordinary circumstances’ is applicable when the delay/cancellation is due to something unusual in which a claim receives no compensation. Such as:
- Really bad weather conditions
- Some strikes not releated to STAR PERU such as baggage handlers
STAR PERU unreal Extraordinary Circumstances:
- Issues with STAR PERU staff
- Bad weather affecting a previous flight
- Denied boarding due to the flight being overbooked
- STAR PERU technical problems
STAR PERU missed connecting flight because of flight delay
It is usual in a STAR PERU flight to have one (or more) connections, on the way.
If any one of STAR PERU flights are delayed, it can cause you to miss your connection.
It is STAR PERU responsibility to find you another flight to the final destination and you will be entitled to claim up to 600 euros compensation if your new flight arrives 3 hours later than the original STAR PERU flight.
Can I claim my delayed flight directly to STAR PERU?
First of all, if you want to claim directly to STAR PERU, you have to know your chances are scarce, since very often STAR PERU tries to justify their flight delays with extraordinary circumstances that didn’t really happen, like issues with air traffic control. Therefore, it’s highly recommendable to direct your claim through lexority.
Deadline to claim a flight: How far back can I claim a flight compensation to STAR PERU?
Time Limit: 2 to 5 years as a general rule, contingent on the type of law that is fit in each case.
- Montreal Convention: two years
- Eu law: 2 to 10 years. You must read the civil code for that particular country.
Documentation to claim correctly to STAR PERU:
Some advice to claim STAR PERU
Keep ticket expenses to claim STAR PERU
Even though STAR PERU should refund the expenses, sometimes the airline doesn´t do it. STAR PERU is allowed to ask for your receipts as proof before refunding you for the expenses of your flight.
STAR PERU flight delays: 3 or more hours
STAR PERU delay must be higher than 3 hours to be granted a compensation.
Overbooked STAR PERU flight
Overbooked STAR PERU flight: When STAR PERU sells more tickets than the actual number of people they can accommodate.
The overbooking is legal, but you can be granted up to € 600.
STAR PERU aims to avoid empty seats because of no-shows, but this must be legally sanctioned.
Once a STAR PERU passenger has received a reservation or any document stating the payment has been accepted and registered, it is a “confirmed reservation”. Boarding denials happen when a passenger presents to the gate but STAR PERU refuses them access to the plane.
How do I know how long the STAR PERU flight delay has been?
- Have a Lexority lawyer to tell you how long the STAR PERU flight delay was without a doubt. You have to be aware that the following webpages are not always accurate and need a payment record.
- Use the web Flight Stats where if you register you can see the STAR PERU status of all flights including those of years ago.
- Another way is accesing to Flight Radar where you can see the last 7 days STAR PERU flight delays without registering. After registration you can also see delayed flights from up to two years ago.
Note: When the STAR PERU delay is very close to 3 hours, Flightradar24 is not 100% reliable, since it shows the time of landing, but not the exit from the plane, which is what the regulations imposes has to be taken in consideration.