Shanghai Airlines Compensation: Claim flight delay, cancellation or lost baggage. Get up to € 600 compensation for a delayed or cancelled flight and 1.414 euros for lost luggage.
Shanghai Airlines flight claim compensation: European law and Montreal Convention
Shanghai Airlines European Flight compensation: delayed, cancelled and overbooked flight
- if the airline is European or…
- if the flight departs from europe
Compensation review under Eu law: Shanghai Airlines delay, cancellation and overbooking
|Flight Distance (Km)||Shanghai Airlines Compensation||Claim|
|Less than 1.500 km||€ 250||Claim € 250|
|1.500 Km – 3.500 Km||€ 400||Claim € 400|
|More than 3.500 Km||€ 600||Claim € 600|
Shanghai Airlines Expenses
Shanghai Airlines damages
Shanghai Airlines E.g compensation according to European 261 law
- Flight overbooking from Paris to Florence: -1.500 km = 250 euros + expenses.
- Flight overbooking from Las Palmas to Paris: Between 1.500 km and 3.500 km = 400 euros + expenses.
- Flight cancellation from Brussels to United States: 3.500 km + = 600 euros + expenses.
Shanghai Airlines Compensations under Montreal Convention for delays, cancellations, overbooking and baggage
Only applicable when these two circumstances happen simultaneously:
- All luggage claims even if the airline is european
- When it is not an european airline and the flight does not take off from Europe
Compensation table for flight delays, cancellations, or overbooking according to the Montreal Convention
|Compensation||Limit of liability||Expenses|
|Baggage||€ 5.708 = 4.694 SDR (Special Drawing Rights)||Other flighs, rents, tours, other missed flights|
Shanghai Airlines lost baggage or delayed luggage compensation
If you want to Claim Shanghai Airlines for luggage delay you can get a compensation of 1.414 euros + expenses.
|Baggage claim||Limit of liability||Expenses|
|Lost or damaged||1.414 euros = 1.253 SDR (Special Drawing Rights)||Clothes, cost of the baggage, taxis|
Note: Fill the PIR: Property Irregularity Report to claim for the luggage to Shanghai Airlines
What is Shanghai Airlines PIR?
A Shanghai Airlines Property Irregularity Report (PIR) reference is a unique code that tracks your lost or damaged luggage. You can find 10 letters and numbers and it is needed to claim to Shanghai Airlines.
- Number of lost baggages
- Type of disruption
- Ref code so that Shanghai Airlines can trace the suitcase
- Colour and type
The Shanghai Airlines Extraordinary Circumstances
The term ‘extraordinary circumstances’ is applicable when the delayed or cancelled flight is due to something uncommon in which a claim receives no compensation. Such as:
- Really bad weather conditions
- Some strikes not releated to Shanghai Airlines like air traffic
Shanghai Airlines not real Extraordinary Circumstances:
- Issues with Shanghai Airlines staff
- Bad weather affecting a previous flight
- Denied boarding due to an overbooking
- Shanghai Airlines technical problems
Shanghai Airlines missed connecting flight due to a delayed flight
It is normal in a Shanghai Airlines flight to have 1 (or more) connections, on the way.
If any one of Shanghai Airlines flights are delayed, you may lose the connection.
Shanghai Airlines must find you another flight to the final destination and you will be entitled to claim up to € 600 compensation if your new flight arrives 3 hours later than the original Shanghai Airlines flight.
Can I claim my flight delay directly to Shanghai Airlines?
First of all, if you want to claim directly to Shanghai Airlines, you have to know your chances are very small, since very often Shanghai Airlines tries to justify their flight delays with extraordinary circumstances that did not really happen, like issues with air traffic control. Consequently, it’s highly recommendable to direct your claim through lexority.
How far back can you go with claiming flight delay compensation to Shanghai Airlines
Time Limit: 2 to 5 years as a general rule, contingent on the type of law that applies in that particular case.
- Montreal Convention: two years
- Regulation 261/2004 of the EU: two to ten years. It is necessary to the civil code for each country.
Documents to claim properly to Shanghai Airlines:
ID or pass
Guidance to claim Shanghai Airlines
keep safe all Shanghai Airlines flight docummentation
Keep your boarding pass and e-ticket Shanghai Airlines gave you. You don’t want to get rid of them. They are often very useful to claim Shanghai Airlines.
Shanghai Airlines delayed flights for 3 or more hours
Shanghai Airlines delay must be higher than 3 hours to be granted a compensation.
Overbooked Shanghai Airlines flight
Overbooked Shanghai Airlines flight: When Shanghai Airlines sells more tickets than the possible number of passengers they can accommodate.
The overbooking is legal, but you are entitled to a compensation up to € 600.
Shanghai Airlines aims to avoid empty seats due to no-shows, and this must be legally sanctioned.
Once a Shanghai Airlines passenger has received a flight ticket or any document stating the payment has been accepted and registered, it is a “confirmed reservation”. Boarding denials happen when a passenger presents to the gate but Shanghai Airlines refuses them access to the plane.
How do I know how long the Shanghai Airlines flight delay has been?
- Contact a Lexority lawyer to tell you how long the Shanghai Airlines flight has been delayed without a doubt. Take in to account that the following websites are not always accurate and need a payment record.
- You can use the web Flight Stats where if you register you can see the Shanghai Airlines status of all flights including those of years ago.
- Another way is to go to Flight Radar where you can see the last 7 days Shanghai Airlines flight delays without registering. If you register you can also see delayed flights from up to 2 years ago.
Note: When the Shanghai Airlines delay is very close to three hours, Flightradar24 is not 100% reliable, since it shows the time of landing, but not the exit from the plane, which is what the regulations imposes has to be taken in consideration.
Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/reclama2/public_html/lexority.com/wp-includes/class-wp-query.php on line 3497
Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/reclama2/public_html/lexority.com/wp-includes/class-wp-query.php on line 3499
Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/reclama2/public_html/lexority.com/wp-includes/class-wp-query.php on line 3501