SF Airlines Compensation: Claim flight delay, cancellation or lost baggage. Get up to € 600 compensation for a delayed or cancelled flight and 1.414 euros for lost luggage.
SF Airlines flight compensation: EU 261 Law and Montreal Convention
SF Airlines European compensation: delayed, cancelled and overbooked flight
Only applicable when
- When it is an european airline or…
- if the flight departs from europe
Compensation table under European law: SF Airlines delay, cancellation and overbooking
|Flight (km)||SF Airlines Compensation||Claim|
|Less than 1.500 km||€ 250||Claim € 250|
|1.500 Km – 3.500 Km||€ 400||Claim € 400|
|+ 3.500 Km||€ 600||Claim € 600|
SF Airlines Expenses
SF Airlines damages
SF Airlines E.g. compensation according to european law
- Flight cancellation from Milan to Florence: Less than 1.500 km = € 250 + expenses.
- Flight delay from Tenrife to Florence: 1.500 km -3.500 km = € 400 + expenses.
- Flight delay from Norway to Kyoto: 3.500 km + = 600 euros + expenses.
SF Airlines Compensations under Montreal Convention for delays, cancellations, overbooking and baggage
Only when these two circumstances occur at the same time:
- All luggage claims even if the airline is european
- When it is not an european airline and the flight doesn´t take off from Europe
Delayed flight, cancellation or overbooking compensation table according to the Montreal Convention
|Compensation||Limit of liability||Expenses|
|Luggage||€ 5.708 = 4.694 SDR (Special Drawing Rights)||Other flighs, rents, tours, other missed flights|
SF Airlines lost baggage or delayed luggage compensation
If you Claim SF Airlines for lost baggage you can get a compensation of € 1.414 + expenses.
|Baggage claim||Limit of liability||Expenses|
|Lost or damaged||€ 1.414 = 1.253 SDR (Special Drawing Rights)||Clothes, cost of the baggage, taxis|
Must read: Fill in the PIR to claim for the luggage to SF Airlines: Property Irregularity Report
What is SF Airlines PIR?
A SF Airlines Property Irregularity Report (PIR) reference number is a unique code that tracks your delayed or damaged baggage. You can find 10 letters and numbers and it is demanded to claim to SF Airlines.
- Number of lost baggages
- Ref code so that SF Airlines can track the suitcase
- Color and type
The SF Airlines Extraordinary Circumstances
The term ‘extraordinary circumstances’ is applicable when the delayed or cancelled flight is caused by something uncommon in which a claim receives no compensation. Things like:
- Extreme weather conditions
- Political or civil unrest
- Some strikes not releated to SF Airlines like baggage handlers
SF Airlines not real Extraordinary Circumstances:
- Issues with SF Airlines staff
- Bad weather affecting a previous flight
- Denied boarding due to an overbooking
- SF Airlines technical problems
SF Airlines denied boarding:
- Do not throw away boarding passes.
- Ask for the reasons you’re being denied boarding.
Can I claim my delayed flight directly to SF Airlines?
First, if you want to claim directly to SF Airlines, you have to know your chances are scarce, since very often SF Airlines tries to justify their flight delays with extraordinary circumstances that did not really happen, like issues with air traffic control. Therefore, it is highly recommendable to direct your claim through lexority.
Deadline to claim a flight: How far back can I claim a flight compensation to SF Airlines?
Deadline to claim a flight to SF Airlines: 2 to 5 years as a general rule, depending on the type of law that is applicable in each case.
- Montreal Convention: two years
- UE Regulation: two to ten years. You must read the civil code for that particular country.
Documents to claim properly to SF Airlines:
Some Tips to claim SF Airlines
Ask the reason why SF Airlines flight got delayed or cancelled
The reason of the delay is important: mainly if you don´t have the boarding pass.
SF Airlines delayed flights for 3 or more hours
SF Airlines delay must be higher than 3 hours to be granted a compensation.
SF Airlines overbooking: is it legal?
Overbooked SF Airlines flight: When SF Airlines sells more tickets than the actual number of passengers they can take.
The overbooking is legal, but you can be granted up to € 600.
SF Airlines aims to avoid empty seats due to no-shows, but this must be legally sanctioned.
Once a SF Airlines passenger has received a flight ticket or any document stating the payment has been accepted and registered, it is a “confirmed reservation”. Boarding denials happen when a passenger presents to the gate but SF Airlines refuses them access to the plane.
These are the passengers rights to claim SF Airlines
Contact us if you have any question. Here we are if you want to claim for a flight delay, cancellation, overbooking or lost baggage to SF Airlines.