Loganair Compensation: Claim flight delay, cancellation or lost baggage. Get up to € 600 refund for a delayed or cancelled flight and 1.414 euros for lost luggage.
Loganair flight claim compensation: European law and Montreal Convention
Loganair EU Flight compensation: delayed, cancelled and overbooked flight
Only applicable when
- When the airline is European or…
- if the flight departs from europe
Compensation table under European law: Loganair delay, cancellation and overbooking
|Flight (km)||Loganair Compensation||Claim|
|Less than 1.500 km||€ 250||Claim € 250|
|1.500 Km – 3.500 Km||€ 400||Claim € 400|
|+ 3.500 Km||€ 600||Claim € 600|
Loganair Example of compensation according to european law
- Flight delay from Frankfurt to Florence: Less than 1.500 km = 250 euros + expenses.
- Flight cancellation from Las Palmas to Belgium: Between 1.500 km and 3.500 km = € 400 + expenses.
- Flight cancellation from Berlin to New York: More than 3.500 km = 600 euros + expenses.
Loganair Montreal Convention Compensations for delays, cancellations, overbooking and baggage
Only when these 2 circumstances occur at the same time:
- All baggage claims even if it is an european airline
- When it is not an european airline and the flight doesn´t depart from Europe
Compensation table for flight delays, cancellations, or overbooking according to the Montreal Convention
|Compensation||Limit of liability||Expenses|
|Baggage||€ 5.708 = 4.694 SDR (Special Drawing Rights)||Hotels, taxis, tours, other missed flights|
Loganair lost baggage or delayed luggage compensation
If you want to Claim Loganair for luggage delay you can get a compensation of 1.414 euros + expenses.
|Luggage claim||Limit of liability||Expenses|
|Lost or damaged||€ 1.414 = 1.253 SDR (Special Drawing Rights)||Clothes, cost of the baggage, taxis|
Must read: Fill in the PIR to claim for the luggage to Loganair: Property Irregularity Report
What is the meaning of PIR?
A Loganair Property Irregularity Report (PIR) reference is a unique code that traces your lost or damaged luggage. You can find 10 letters and numbers and it is necessary to claim to Loganair.
- Ref code
- Number of lost luggages
- Colour and type
The Loganair Extraordinary Circumstances
The term ‘extraordinary circumstances’ is applicable when the delayed or cancelled flight is due to something unusual in which a claim receives no compensation. E.g.:
- Really bad weather conditions
- A few strikes not releated to Loganair such as baggage handlers
Loganair unreal Extraordinary Circumstances:
- Problems with Loganair staff
- Bad weather affecting a previous flight
- Denied boarding due to an overbooking
- Loganair technical problems
Loganair “no show” : is it legal?
“No show” is ilegal. you are granted a compensation if you are being denied from boarding.
Can I claim my delayed flight directly to Loganair?
First of all, if you want to claim directly to Loganair, you should know your chances are scarce, since very often Loganair tries to justify their flight delays with extraordinary circumstances that did not really happen, such as issues with air traffic control. Consequently, it is highly recommendable to direct your claim through lexority.
How far back can you go with claiming flight delay compensation to Loganair
Deadline to claim a flight to Loganair: 2 to 5 years as a general rule, depending on the type of regulation that applies in each case.
- Montreal Convention: 2 years
- UE Regulation: two to ten years. It is necessary to the civil code for that particular country.
Documentation to claim correctly to Loganair:
Guidance to claim Loganair
Ask the reason why Loganair flight got delayed or cancelled
The cause of the delay is critical: mainly if you don´t have the boarding pass.
Loganair flight delays: 3 or more hours
To be entitled to a compensation, Loganair delayed flight must be higher than 3 hours.
Loganair overbooking: is it legal?
Overbooked Loganair flight: When Loganair sells more tickets than the possible number of people they can accommodate.
The overbooking is legal, but you are entitled to a compensation up to € 600.
Loganair aims to avoid empty seats because of no-shows, but this must be legally sanctioned.
Once a Loganair passenger has received a reservation or any document stating the payment has been accepted and registered, it is a “confirmed reservation”. Boarding denials happen when a passenger presents to the gate but Loganair refuses them access to the plane.
How do I know how long was Loganair flight delayed?
- Have a Lexority specialist to tell you how long the Loganair flight has been delayed without a doubt. You have to be aware that the following webpages are not always accurate and need a payment record.
- You can use the web http://www.flightstats.com/ where if you register you can see the Loganair status of all flights including those of years ago.
- Another option is accesing to Flight Radar where you can see the last seven days Loganair flight delays without registering. After registration you can also see delayed flights from up to 2 years ago.
Note: When the Loganair delay is very close to three hours, Flightradar24 is not 100% reliable, since it shows the time of landing, but not the exit from the plane, which is what the regulations dictates has to be taken in consideration.