Iran Air Compensation: Claim flight delay, cancellation or lost baggage. Get up to 600 euros compensation for a delayed or cancelled flight and 1.414 euros for lost luggage.
Iran Air flight compensation: EU 261 Law and Montreal Convention
Iran Air European compensation: delayed, cancelled and overbooked flight
Only applicable when
- if the airline is European or…
- When the flight departs from europe
Compensation table under Eu law: Iran Air delayed, cancelled and overbooked fligh
|Flight (km)||Iran Air Compensation||Claim|
|– 1.500 km||€ 250||Claim € 250|
|1.500 Km – 3.500 Km||€ 400||Claim € 400|
|More than 3.500 Km||€ 600||Claim € 600|
Iran Air Expenses
Iran Air damages
Iran Air E.g compensation according to European 261 law
- Flight cancellation from Frankfurt to Brussels: -1.500 km = 250 euros + expenses.
- Flight cancellation from Las Palmas to Florence: 1.500 km -3.500 km = 400 euros + expenses.
- Flight delay from Brussels to Tokyo: 3.500 km + = € 600 + expenses.
Iran Air Montreal Convention Compensations for delays, cancellations, overbooked flights and baggage
Only when these two circumstances happen simultaneously:
- All baggage claims even if it is an european airline
- When it is not an european airline and the flight doesn´t take off from Europe
Compensation table for flight delays, cancellations, or overbooked flight according to the Montreal Convention
|Compensation||Limit of liability||Expenses|
|Baggage||€ 5.708 = 4.694 SDR (Special Drawing Rights)||Other flighs, rents, tours, other missed flights|
Iran Air lost baggage or delayed luggage compensation
If you want to Claim Iran Air for lost baggage you can get a compensation of € 1.414 + expenses.
|Baggage claim||Limit of liability||Expenses|
|Lost or damaged||€ 1.414 = 1.253 SDR (Special Drawing Rights)||Clothes, cost of the baggage, taxis|
Read: Fill the PIR: Property Irregularity Report to claim for the luggage to Iran Air
What is Iran Air Property Irregularity Report?
A Iran Air Property Irregularity Report (PIR) ref number is a unique code that tracks your lost or damaged luggage. It has a combination of 10 letters and numbers and it is necessary to claim to Iran Air.
- Number of lost luggages
- Type of disruption
- Ref code so that Iran Air can trace the suitcase
- Flight code
- Color and type
The Iran Air Extraordinary Circumstances
The term ‘extraordinary circumstances’ applies when the delayed or cancelled flight is due to something unusual in which a claim receives no compensation. Things like:
- Really bad weather conditions
- Political or civil unrest
- Some strikes not releated to Iran Air such as air traffic
Iran Air unreal Extraordinary Circumstances:
- Issues with Iran Air staff
- Bad weather affecting a previous flight
- Denied boarding due to the flight being overbooked
- Iran Air technical problems
Iran Air denied boarding:
- Do not get rid off boarding passes.
- Ask why you’re being denied boarding.
Can I claim my flight delay directly to Iran Air?
First of all, if you want to claim directly to Iran Air, you have to know your chances are scarce, since very often Iran Air tries to justify their flight delays with extraordinary circumstances that didn’t really happen, such as issues with air traffic control. Consequently, it’s advised to funnel your claim through lexority.
How far back can you go with claiming flight delay compensation to Iran Air
Deadline to claim a flight to Iran Air: 2 to 5 years as a general rule, depending on the type of regulation that applies in that particular case.
- Montreal Convention: 2 years
- Regulation 261/2004 of the EU: 2 to 10 years. It is necessary to the civil code for each country.
Documentation to claim correctly to Iran Air:
Guidance to claim Iran Air
Keep all Iran Air flight docummentation
keep safe your boarding pass and e-ticket Iran Air gave you. You don’t want to throw them away. They are often very useful to claim Iran Air.
Iran Air delayed flights for 3 or more hours
To be entitled to a compensation, Iran Air delayed flight must be higher than 3 hours.
Iran Air overbooking: is it legal?
Overbooked Iran Air flight: When Iran Air sells more tickets than the actual number of people they can accommodate.
The overbooking is legal, but you can get a compensation up to € 600.
Iran Air aims to avoid empty seats due to no-shows, but this must be legally sanctioned.
When the Iran Air passenger has received a flight ticket or any document stating the payment has been accepted and registered, it is a “confirmed reservation”. Boarding denials happen when a passenger presents to the gate but Iran Air refuses them access to the plane.
These are the passengers rights to claim Iran Air
If you have any question. Here we are if you want to claim for a delayed, cancelled, overbooked flight, or lost baggage to Iran Air.