Icelandair Compensation: Claim flight delay, cancellation or lost baggage. Get up to € 600 compensation for a delayed or cancelled flight and 1.414 euros for lost luggage.
Icelandair flight compensation: European law and Montreal Convention
Icelandair European compensation: delay, cancellation and overbooking
- if the airline is European or…
- if the flight departs from europe
Compensation review under European law: Icelandair delayed, cancelled and overbooked fligh
|Flight (km)||Icelandair Compensation||Claim|
|– 1.500 km||€ 250||Claim € 250|
|1.500 Km – 3.500 Km||€ 400||Claim € 400|
|+ 3.500 Km||€ 600||Claim € 600|
Icelandair Example of compensation according to european law
- Flight delay from Frankfurt to London: -1.500 km = € 250 + expenses.
- Flight delay from Tenrife to Paris: 1.500 km -3.500 km = € 400 + expenses.
- Flight delay from Barcelona to Cali: More than 3.500 km = 600 euros + expenses.
Icelandair Montreal Convention Compensations for delays, cancellations, overbooked flights and baggage
Suitable when these 2 circumstances occur at the same time:
- All baggage claims even if it is an european airline
- When the airline is not European and the flight does not take off from Europe
Compensation table for flight delays, cancellations, or overbooked flight according to the Montreal Convention
|Compensation||Limit of liability||Expenses|
|Baggage||5.708 euros = 4.694 SDR (Special Drawing Rights)||Other flighs, rents, tours, other missed flights|
Icelandair lost baggage or delayed luggage compensation
If you Claim Icelandair for luggage delay you can get a compensation of 1.414 euros + expenses.
|Luggage claim||Limit of liability||Expenses|
|Lost or damaged||€ 1.414 = 1.253 SDR (Special Drawing Rights)||Clothes, cost of the baggage, taxis|
Must read: Fill in the PIR to claim for the luggage to Icelandair: Property Irregularity Report
About Icelandair PIR
The Icelandair Property Irregularity Report (PIR) reference is a unique code that traces your delayed or damaged luggage. You can find 10 letters and numbers and it is necessary to claim to Icelandair.
- Number of lost baggages
- Ref code so that Icelandair can trace the suitcase
- Flight code
- Color and type
The Icelandair Extraordinary Circumstances
The term ‘extraordinary circumstances’ applies when the delayed or cancelled flight is caused by something uncommon in which a claim receives no compensation. Things like:
- Really bad weather conditions
- Some strikes not releated to Icelandair such as baggage handlers
Icelandair unreal Extraordinary Circumstances:
- Issues with Icelandair staff
- Bad weather affecting a previous flight
- Denied boarding due to an overbooking
- Icelandair technical problems
Icelandair denied boarding:
- Do not get rid off boarding passes.
- Ask why you’re being denied boarding.
Can I claim my delayed flight directly to Icelandair?
First, if you want to claim directly to Icelandair, you have to know your chances are very small, since very often Icelandair tries to justify their flight delays with extraordinary circumstances that did not really happen, like bad weather. Consequently, it is advised to funnel your claim through lexority.
Deadline to claim a flight: How far back can I claim a flight compensation to Icelandair?
Time Limit: 2 to 5 years as a general rule, depending on the type of law that applies in that particular case.
- Montreal Convention: 2 years
- UE Regulation: 2 to 10 years. You must read the civil code for each country.
Documents to claim successfully to Icelandair:
ID or pass
Some advice to claim Icelandair
Keep receipts to claim Icelandair
Even though Icelandair has to pay the expenses, sometimes the airline doesn´t do it. Icelandair is allowed to ask for your receipts as proof before refunding you for the expenses of your trip.
Icelandair delayed flights for 3 or more hours
To be entitled to a compensation, Icelandair delayed flight must be higher than 3 hours.
Overbooking at Icelandair flight
Overbooked Icelandair flight: When Icelandair sells more tickets than the actual number of passengers they can accommodate.
The overbooking is legal, but you can be granted up to € 600.
Icelandair aims to avoid empty seats due to no-shows, but this must be legally sanctioned.
Once a Icelandair passenger has received a flight ticket or any document stating the payment has been accepted and registered, it is a “confirmed reservation”. Boarding denials happen when a passenger presents to the gate but Icelandair refuses them access to the plane.
How do I know how long the Icelandair flight delay has been?
- Have a Lexority attorney to tell you how long the Icelandair flight delay was without a doubt. Take in to account that the following sites are not always accurate and need a payment record.
- You can use the web Flight Stats where if you register you can see the Icelandair status of all flights including those of years ago.
- Another option is entering to https://www.flightradar24.com/ where you can see the last seven days Icelandair flight delays without registering. If you register you can also see delayed flights from up to two years ago.
Advice: When the Icelandair delay is very close to three hours, Flightradar24 is not 100% reliable, since it shows the time of landing, but not the exit from the plane, which is what the law says has to be taken in consideration.
Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/reclama2/public_html/lexority.com/wp-includes/class-wp-query.php on line 3501
Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/reclama2/public_html/lexority.com/wp-includes/class-wp-query.php on line 3503
Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/reclama2/public_html/lexority.com/wp-includes/class-wp-query.php on line 3505