Germania Compensation: Claim flight delay, cancellation or lost baggage. Get up to € 600 compensation for a delayed or cancelled flight and 1.414 euros for lost luggage.
Germania flight claim compensation: Eu law and Montreal Convention
Germania European Flight compensation: delay, cancellation and overbooking
- if it is an european airline or…
- if the flight takes off from europe
Compensation summary under EU 261 Law: Germania delayed, cancelled and overbooked fligh
|Flight Distance (Km)||Germania Compensation||Claim|
|Less than 1.500 km||€ 250||Claim € 250|
|1.500 Km – 3.500 Km||€ 400||Claim € 400|
|+ 3.500 Km||€ 600||Claim € 600|
Germania E.g compensation according to European 261 law
- Flight overbooking from Paris to Florence: Less than 1.500 km = € 250 + expenses.
- Flight overbooking from Las Palmas to Belgium: Between 1.500 km and 3.500 km = € 400 + expenses.
- Flight cancellation from Berlin to Kyoto: 3.500 km + = € 600 + expenses.
Germania Compensations under Montreal Convention for delays, cancellations, overbooked flights and baggage
Only applicable when these 2 circumstances happen at the same time:
- All baggage claims even if it is an european airline
- When it is not an european airline and the flight does not take off from Europe
Compensation table for flight delays, cancellations, or overbooking according to the Montreal Convention
|Compensation||Limit of liability||Expenses|
|Baggage||5.708 euros = 4.694 SDR (Special Drawing Rights)||Hotels, taxis, tours, other missed flights|
Germania lost baggage or delayed luggage compensation
If you Claim Germania for luggage delay you can get a compensation of 1.414 euros + expenses.
|Baggage claim||Limit of liability||Expenses|
|Lost or damaged||€ 1.414 = 1.253 SDR (Special Drawing Rights)||Clothes, cost of the baggage, taxis|
Important: Fill in the PIR to claim for the luggage to Germania: Property Irregularity Report
What is the PIR of Germania?
A Germania Property Irregularity Report (PIR) reference is a unique code that tracks your delayed or damaged suitcase. It has a combination of 10 letters and numbers and it is imperative to claim to Germania.
- Number of lost luggages
- Reference code so that Germania can track the suitcase
- Color and type
The Germania Extraordinary Circumstances
The term ‘extraordinary circumstances’ applies when the delay/cancellation is due to something uncommon in which a claim receives no compensation. Things like:
- Really bad weather conditions
- Political or civil unrest
- A few strikes unrelated to Germania such as baggage handlers
Germania unreal Extraordinary Circumstances:
- Problems with Germania staff
- Bad weather affecting a previous flight
- Denied boarding due to an overbooking
- Germania technical problems
If you suffer a Germania downgrade, the airline must refund 30 to 75 percent of the ticket depending on the flight distance.
Can I claim my delayed flight directly to Germania?
First of all, if you want to claim directly to Germania, you have to know your chances are very small, since very often Germania tries to justify their flight delays with extraordinary circumstances that didn’t really happen, such as bad weather. Consequently, it’s advised to funnel your claim through lexority.
Time limit: How far back can I claim a flight compensation to Germania?
Deadline to claim a flight to Germania: 2 to 5 years as a general rule, depending on the type of law that applies in each case.
- Montreal Convention: two years
- Eu law: two to ten years. You must read the civil code for that particular country.
Documentation to claim correctly to Germania:
Guidance to claim Germania
Do not accept any offer from Germania
Don´t accept any offer from Germania that doesn’t match what the Regulations prescribes. Refer to the sections above to check the compensation you are legally entitled to.
Germania flight delays: 3 or more hours
Germania delay must be higher than 3 hours to be entitled to a compensation.
Overbooking at Germania flight
Germania Overbooking: When Germania sells more tickets than the actual number of people they can take.
The overbooking is legal, but you are entitled to a compensation up to € 600.
Germania aims to avoid empty seats because of no-shows, and this must be legally sanctioned.
Once a Germania passenger has received a reservation or any document stating the payment has been accepted and registered, it is a “confirmed reservation”. Boarding denials happen when a passenger presents to the gate but Germania refuses them access to the plane.
How to know how long the Germania flight has been delayed
- Have a Lexority attorney to tell you how long the Germania flight has been delayed without any doubt. Take in to account that the following sites are not always accurate and need a payment record.
- Use the web Flight Stats where if you register you can see the Germania status of all flights including those of years ago.
- Another option is to go to Flight Radar where you can see the last seven days Germania flight delays without registering. If you register you can also see delayed flights from up to 2 years ago.
Advice: When the Germania delay is very close to 3 hours, Flightradar24 is not 100% reliable, since it shows the time of landing, but not the exit from the plane, which is what the regulations says has to be taken in consideration.