DHL Air Compensation: Claim flight delay, cancellation or lost baggage. Get up to 600 euros compensation for a delayed or cancelled flight and € 1.414 for lost luggage.
DHL Air flight claim compensation: European law and Montreal Convention
DHL Air EU Flight compensation: delayed, cancelled and overbooked flight
- When it is an european airline or…
- if the flight takes off from europe
Compensation review under Eu law: DHL Air delay, cancellation and overbooking
|Flight (km)||DHL Air Compensation||Claim|
|Less than 1.500 km||€ 250||Claim € 250|
|1.500 Km – 3.500 Km||€ 400||Claim € 400|
|+ 3.500 Km||€ 600||Claim € 600|
DHL Air Expenses
DHL Air damages
DHL Air Example of compensation according to European 261 law
- Flight cancellation from Milan to Brussels: -1.500 km = € 250 + expenses.
- Flight overbooking from Tenrife to Belgium: Between 1.500 km and 3.500 km = 400 euros + expenses.
- Flight cancellation from Paris to Kyoto: More than 3.500 km = 600 euros + expenses.
DHL Air Montreal Convention Compensations for delays, cancellations, overbooked flights and baggage
Only applicable when these two circumstances happen simultaneously:
- All baggage claims even if the airline is european
- When it is not an european airline and the flight doesn´t take off from Europe
Delayed flight, cancellation or overbooking compensation table according to the Montreal Convention
|Compensation||Limit of liability||Expenses|
|Baggage||5.708 euros = 4.694 SDR (Special Drawing Rights)||Other flighs, rents, tours, other missed flights|
DHL Air lost baggage or delayed luggage compensation
If you Claim DHL Air for lost baggage you can get a compensation of € 1.414 + expenses.
|Baggage claim||Limit of liability||Expenses|
|Lost or damaged||1.414 euros = 1.253 SDR (Special Drawing Rights)||Clothes, cost of the baggage, taxis|
Read: Fill in the PIR to claim for the luggage to DHL Air: Property Irregularity Report
About DHL Air PIR
A DHL Air Property Irregularity Report (PIR) reference number is a unique code that traces your delayed or damaged baggage. It has a combination of 10 letters and numbers and it is necessary to claim to DHL Air.
- Number of lost luggages
- Ref code so that DHL Air can trace the suitcase
- Flight code
- Color and type
The DHL Air Extraordinary Circumstances
The term ‘extraordinary circumstances’ applies when the delayed or cancelled flight is due to something unexpected in which a claim receives no compensation. Example:
- Really bad weather conditions
- Political or civil unrest
- Some strikes unrelated to DHL Air such as air traffic
DHL Air not real Extraordinary Circumstances:
- Issues with DHL Air staff
- Bad weather affecting a previous flight
- Denied boarding due to an overbooking
- DHL Air technical problems
DHL Air missed connecting flight because of flight delay
It is normal in a DHL Air flight to have one (or more) stops, on the trip.
If any one of DHL Air flights are delayed, you may lose the connection.
It is DHL Air responsibility to find you a new flight to the final destination and you will be entitled to claim up to 600 euros compensation if your new flight arrives 3 hours later than the original DHL Air flight.
Can I claim my flight delay directly to DHL Air?
First, if you want to claim directly to DHL Air, you have to know your chances are very small, since very often DHL Air tries to justify their delayed flights with extraordinary circumstances that did not really happen, like issues with air traffic control. Consequently, it is highly recommendable to direct your claim through lexority.
How far back can you go with claiming flight delay compensation to DHL Air
Time Limit: 2 to 5 years as a general rule, depending on the type of law that is fit in each case.
- Montreal Convention: two years
- Eu law: 2 to 10 years. It is necessary to the civil code for that particular country.
Documentation to claim correctly to DHL Air:
Some Tips to claim DHL Air
keep safe all DHL Air flight docummentation
Keep the boarding pass and e-ticket DHL Air gave you. You don’t want to throw them away. They are often very useful to claim DHL Air.
DHL Air flight delays: 3 or more hours
To be entitled to a compensation, DHL Air delayed flight must be higher than 3 hours.
Overbooking at DHL Air flight
DHL Air Overbooking: When DHL Air sells more tickets than the possible number of passengers they can accommodate.
The overbooking is legal, but you can get a compensation up to € 600.
DHL Air aims to avoid empty seats because of no-shows, and this must be legally sanctioned.
When the DHL Air passenger has received a reservation or any document stating the payment has been accepted and registered, it is a “confirmed reservation”. Boarding denials happen when a passenger presents to the gate but DHL Air refuses them access to the plane.
How do I know how long the DHL Air flight delay has been?
- Contact a Lexority specialist to tell you how long the DHL Air flight has been delayed without any doubt. Take in to account that the following sites are not always accurate and need a payment record.
- You can use the web http://www.flightstats.com/ where if you register you can see the DHL Air status of all flights including those of years ago.
- Another way is entering to https://www.flightradar24.com/ where you can see the last seven days DHL Air flight delays without registering. After registration you can also see delayed flights from up to 2 years ago.
Note: When the DHL Air delay is very close to three hours, Flightradar24 is not 100% accurate, since it shows the time of landing, but not the exit from the plane, which is what the law imposes has to be taken in consideration.
Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/reclama2/public_html/lexority.com/wp-includes/class-wp-query.php on line 3502
Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/reclama2/public_html/lexority.com/wp-includes/class-wp-query.php on line 3504
Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/reclama2/public_html/lexority.com/wp-includes/class-wp-query.php on line 3506