Allegiant Compensation: Claim flight delay, cancellation or lost baggage. Get up to € 600 compensation for a delayed or cancelled flight and 1.414 euros for lost luggage.
Allegiant flight claim compensation: European law and Montreal Convention
Allegiant EU Flight compensation: delay, cancellation and overbooking
- if the airline is European or…
- When the flight takes off from europe
Compensation summary under EU 261 Law: Allegiant delayed, cancelled and overbooked fligh
|Flight Distance (Km)||Allegiant Compensation||Claim|
|Less than 1.500 km||€ 250||Claim € 250|
|1.500 Km – 3.500 Km||€ 400||Claim € 400|
|+ 3.500 Km||€ 600||Claim € 600|
Allegiant E.g compensation according to European 261 law
- Flight overbooking from Frankfurt to London: Less than 1.500 km = 250 euros + expenses.
- Flight overbooking from Tenrife to Belgium: Between 1.500 km and 3.500 km = 400 euros + expenses.
- Flight overbooking from Berlin to United States: More than 3.500 km = € 600 + expenses.
Allegiant Compensations under Montreal Convention for delays, cancellations, overbooked flights and baggage
Only when these two circumstances occur at the same time:
- All luggage claims even if the airline is european
- When it is not an european airline and the flight does not depart from Europe
Compensation table for flight delays, cancellations, or overbooked flight according to the Montreal Convention
|Compensation||Limit of liability||Expenses|
|Baggage||€ 5.708 = 4.694 SDR (Special Drawing Rights)||Hotels, taxis, tours, other missed flights|
Allegiant lost baggage or delayed luggage compensation
If you want to Claim Allegiant for luggage delay you can get a compensation of 1.414 euros + expenses.
|Baggage claim||Limit of liability||Expenses|
|Lost or damaged||1.414 euros = 1.253 SDR (Special Drawing Rights)||Clothes, cost of the baggage, taxis|
Note: Fill in the PIR to claim for the luggage to Allegiant: Property Irregularity Report
What is the PIR of Allegiant?
The Allegiant Property Irregularity Report (PIR) ref number is a unique code that traces your delayed or damaged suitcase. It has a combination of 10 letters and numbers and it is demanded to claim to Allegiant.
- Reference code
- Flight code
- Number of lost luggages
- Type of disruption
- Colour and type
The Allegiant Extraordinary Circumstances
The term ‘extraordinary circumstances’ is applicable when the delay/cancellation is due to something unusual in which a claim receives no compensation. Example:
- Extreme weather conditions
- Political or civil unrest
- A few strikes unrelated to Allegiant such as air traffic
Allegiant unreal Extraordinary Circumstances:
- Problems with Allegiant staff
- Bad weather affecting a previous flight
- Denied boarding due to an overbooking
- Allegiant technical problems
Allegiant denied boarding:
- Do not get rid off boarding passes.
- Ask for the reasons you’re being denied boarding.
Can I claim my delayed flight directly to Allegiant?
First of all, if you want to claim directly to Allegiant, you have to know your chances are scarce, since very often Allegiant tries to justify their delayed flights with extraordinary circumstances that didn’t really happen, such as bad weather. Consequently, it is advised to direct your claim through lexority.
How far back can you go with claiming flight delay compensation to Allegiant
Deadline to claim a flight to Allegiant: 2 to 5 years as a general rule, depending on the type of regulation that is fit in each case.
- Montreal Convention: 2 years
- UE Regulation: 2 to 10 years. You must read the civil code for each country.
Documentation to claim correctly to Allegiant:
Guidance to claim Allegiant
Ask for the reason for Allegiant delay or cancellation
The cause of the delay is critical: specially if you have thrown away the boarding passes.
Allegiant delayed flights for 3 or more hours
Allegiant delay must be higher than 3 hours to be granted a compensation.
Allegiant overbooking: is it legal?
Allegiant Overbooking: When Allegiant sells more tickets than the possible number of passengers they can take.
The overbooking is legal, but you are entitled to a compensation up to € 600.
Allegiant aims to avoid empty seats due to no-shows, but this must be legally sanctioned.
Once a Allegiant passenger has received a flight ticket or any document stating the payment has been accepted and registered, it is a “confirmed reservation”. Boarding denials happen when a passenger presents to the gate but Allegiant refuses them access to the plane.
How do I know how long was Allegiant flight delayed?
- Have a Lexority lawyer to tell you how long the Allegiant flight has been delayed without a doubt. Take in to account that the following websites are not always accurate and need a payment record.
- Use the web http://www.flightstats.com/ where if you register you can see the Allegiant status of all flights including those of years ago.
- Another option is entering to https://www.flightradar24.com/ where you can see the last seven days Allegiant flight delays without registering. After registration you can also see delayed flights from up to 2 years ago.
Must read: When the Allegiant delay is very close to three hours, Flightradar24 is not 100% accurate, since it shows the time of landing, but not the exit from the plane, which is what the law imposes has to be taken in consideration.