Air Tahiti Nui Compensation: Claim flight delay, cancellation or lost baggage. Get up to € 600 compensation for a delayed or cancelled flight and € 1.414 for lost luggage.
Air Tahiti Nui flight compensation: European law and Montreal Convention
Air Tahiti Nui European compensation: delayed, cancelled and overbooked flight
Only applicable when
- When it is an european airline or…
- When the flight departs from europe
Compensation table under EU 261 Law: Air Tahiti Nui delayed, cancelled and overbooked fligh
|Flight (km)||Air Tahiti Nui Compensation||Claim|
|Less than 1.500 km||€ 250||Claim € 250|
|1.500 Km – 3.500 Km||€ 400||Claim € 400|
|+ 3.500 Km||€ 600||Claim € 600|
Air Tahiti Nui Expenses
Air Tahiti Nui damages
Air Tahiti Nui E.g compensation according to European 261 law
- Flight overbooking from Paris to London: Less than 1.500 km = € 250 + expenses.
- Flight delay from Tenrife to Bilbao: Between 1.500 km and 3.500 km = € 400 + expenses.
- Flight delay from Paris to Tokyo: 3.500 km + = 600 euros + expenses.
Air Tahiti Nui Compensations under Montreal Convention for delays, cancellations, overbooked flights and baggage
Only applicable when these 2 circumstances occur at the same time:
- All luggage claims even if it is an european airline
- When it is not an european airline and the flight does not take off from Europe
Delayed flight, cancellation or overbooking compensation table according to the Montreal Convention
|Compensation||Limit of liability||Expenses|
|Luggage||5.708 euros = 4.694 SDR (Special Drawing Rights)||Hotels, taxis, tours, other missed flights|
Air Tahiti Nui lost baggage or delayed luggage compensation
If you Claim Air Tahiti Nui for luggage delay you can get a compensation of 1.414 euros + expenses.
|Baggage claim||Limit of liability||Expenses|
|Lost or damaged||1.414 euros = 1.253 SDR (Special Drawing Rights)||Clothes, cost of the baggage, taxis|
Read: Fill the PIR: Property Irregularity Report to claim for the luggage to Air Tahiti Nui
What is Air Tahiti Nui PIR?
The Air Tahiti Nui Property Irregularity Report (PIR) reference is a unique code that tracks your delayed or damaged baggage. It has a combination of 10 letters and numbers and it is required to claim to Air Tahiti Nui.
- Ref code
- Flight code
- Number of lost luggages
- Colour and type
The Air Tahiti Nui Extraordinary Circumstances
The term ‘extraordinary circumstances’ applies when the delay/cancellation is due to something unusual in which a claim receives no compensation. E.g.:
- Extreme weather conditions
- Political or civil unrest
- A few strikes not releated to Air Tahiti Nui such as air traffic
Air Tahiti Nui unreal Extraordinary Circumstances:
- Problems with Air Tahiti Nui staff
- Bad weather affecting a previous flight
- Denied boarding due to the flight being overbooked
- Air Tahiti Nui technical problems
Downgrade at Air Tahiti Nui flight?
If you suffer a Air Tahiti Nui downgrade, the airline must refund 30 to 75 percent of the price of the ticket depending on the flight distance.
Can I claim my flight delay directly to Air Tahiti Nui?
First of all, if you want to claim directly to Air Tahiti Nui, you should know your chances are very small, since very often Air Tahiti Nui tries to justify their delayed flights with extraordinary circumstances that did not really happen, such as bad weather. Therefore, it is highly recommendable to funnel your claim through lexority.
Time limit: How far back can I claim a flight compensation to Air Tahiti Nui?
Time Limit: 2 to 5 years as a general rule, contingent on the type of law that is fit in each case.
- Montreal Convention: 2 years
- Regulation 261/2004 of the EU: 2 to 10 years. It is necessary to the civil code for each country.
Documentation to claim properly to Air Tahiti Nui:
ID or pass
Guidance to claim Air Tahiti Nui
Don´t throw your receipts to claim Air Tahiti Nui
Even though Air Tahiti Nui has to refund the expenses, sometimes the airline doesn´t do it. Air Tahiti Nui is allowed to ask for your receipts as proof before refunding you for the expenses of your trip.
Air Tahiti Nui delayed flights for 3 or more hours
To be entitled to a compensation, Air Tahiti Nui delayed flight must be higher than 3 hours.
Air Tahiti Nui overbooking: is it legal?
Overbooked Air Tahiti Nui flight: When Air Tahiti Nui sells more tickets than the possible number of people they can take.
The overbooking is legal, but you are entitled to a compensation up to € 600.
Air Tahiti Nui aims to avoid empty seats due to no-shows, but this must be legally sanctioned.
When the Air Tahiti Nui passenger has received a reservation or any document stating the payment has been accepted and registered, it is a “confirmed reservation”. Boarding denials happen when a passenger presents to the gate but Air Tahiti Nui refuses them access to the plane.
How to know how long the Air Tahiti Nui flight has been delayed
- Contact a Lexority lawyer to tell you how long the Air Tahiti Nui flight delay was without any doubt. You have to be aware that the following webpages are not always accurate and need a payment record.
- You can use the web http://www.flightstats.com/ where if you register you can see the Air Tahiti Nui status of all flights including those of years ago.
- Another option is accesing to Flight Radar where you can see the last 7 days Air Tahiti Nui flight delays without registering. If you register you can also see delayed flights from up to two years ago.
Advice: When the Air Tahiti Nui delay is very close to 3 hours, Flightradar24 is not 100% reliable, since it shows the time of landing, but not the exit from the plane, which is what the regulations says has to be taken in consideration.
Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/reclama2/public_html/lexority.com/wp-includes/class-wp-query.php on line 3501
Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/reclama2/public_html/lexority.com/wp-includes/class-wp-query.php on line 3503
Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/reclama2/public_html/lexority.com/wp-includes/class-wp-query.php on line 3505