Air New Zealand Compensation: Claim flight delay, cancellation or lost baggage. Get up to € 600 compensation for a delayed or cancelled flight and 1.414 euros for lost luggage.
Air New Zealand flight claim compensation: EU 261 Law and Montreal Convention
Air New Zealand EU Flight compensation: delay, cancellation and overbooking
- if it is an european airline or…
- if the flight takes off from europe
Compensation review under EU 261 Law: Air New Zealand delayed, cancelled and overbooked fligh
|Flight Distance (Km)||Air New Zealand Compensation||Claim|
|– 1.500 km||€ 250||Claim € 250|
|1.500 Km – 3.500 Km||€ 400||Claim € 400|
|More than 3.500 Km||€ 600||Claim € 600|
Air New Zealand Expenses
Air New Zealand damages
Air New Zealand Example of compensation according to european law
- Flight delay from Frankfurt to Brussels: Less than 1.500 km = € 250 + expenses.
- Flight delay from Tenrife to Bilbao: 1.500 km -3.500 km = € 400 + expenses.
- Flight delay from Barcelona to : 3.500 km + = 600 euros + expenses.
Air New Zealand Compensations under Montreal Convention for delays, cancellations, overbooking and baggage
Only applicable when these 2 circumstances occur at the same time:
- All baggage claims even if the airline is european
- When the airline is not European and the flight doesn´t take off from Europe
Delayed flight, cancellation or overbooking compensation table according to the Montreal Convention
|Compensation||Limit of liability||Expenses|
|Luggage||5.708 euros = 4.694 SDR (Special Drawing Rights)||Hotels, taxis, tours, other missed flights|
Air New Zealand lost baggage or delayed luggage compensation
If you want to Claim Air New Zealand for baggage delay you can get a compensation of € 1.414 + expenses.
|Luggage claim||Limit of liability||Expenses|
|Lost or damaged||€ 1.414 = 1.253 SDR (Special Drawing Rights)||Clothes, cost of the baggage, taxis|
Must read: Fill the PIR: Property Irregularity Report to claim for the baggage to Air New Zealand
What is the meaning of PIR?
The Air New Zealand Property Irregularity Report (PIR) number is a unique code that tracks your lost or damaged baggage. You can find 10 letters and numbers and it is required to claim to Air New Zealand.
- Reference code
- Number of lost luggages
- Color and type
The Air New Zealand Extraordinary Circumstances
The term ‘extraordinary circumstances’ applies when the delayed or cancelled flight is due to something unusual in which a claim receives no compensation. E.g.:
- Extreme weather conditions
- Political or civil unrest
- Some strikes unrelated to Air New Zealand such as air traffic
Air New Zealand unreal Extraordinary Circumstances:
- Issues with Air New Zealand staff
- Bad weather affecting a previous flight
- Denied boarding due to the flight being overbooked
- Air New Zealand technical problems
Downgrade at Air New Zealand flight?
If you suffer a Air New Zealand downgrade, the airline must refund 30 to 75 percent of the price of the ticket depending on the distance of the flight.
Can I claim my flight delay directly to Air New Zealand?
First, if you want to claim directly to Air New Zealand, you have to know your chances are scarce, since very often Air New Zealand tries to justify their delayed flights with extraordinary circumstances that did not really happen, like issues with air traffic control. Consequently, it is highly recommendable to funnel your claim through lexority.
Time limit: How far back can I claim a flight compensation to Air New Zealand?
Time Limit: 2 to 5 years as a general rule, depending on the type of law that is fit in each case.
- Montreal Convention: two years
- UE Regulation: two to ten years. It is necessary to the civil code for each country.
Documentation to claim correctly to Air New Zealand:
Some advice to claim Air New Zealand
keep safe all Air New Zealand flight docummentation
keep safe the boarding pass and e-ticket Air New Zealand gave you. You should not get rid of them. They are often very useful to claim Air New Zealand.
Air New Zealand flight delays: 3 or more hours
Air New Zealand delay must be higher than 3 hours to be entitled to a compensation.
Overbooking at Air New Zealand flight
Air New Zealand Overbooking: When Air New Zealand sells more tickets than the actual number of passengers they can take.
The overbooking is legal, but you can be granted up to € 600.
Air New Zealand aims to avoid empty seats due to no-shows, and this must be legally sanctioned.
Once a Air New Zealand passenger has received a flight ticket or any document stating the payment has been accepted and registered, it is a “confirmed reservation”. Boarding denials happen when a passenger presents to the gate but Air New Zealand refuses them access to the plane.
How do I know how long the Air New Zealand flight delay has been?
- Have a Lexority specialist to tell you how long was the delay of the Air New Zealand flight without a doubt. You have to be aware that the following sites are not always accurate and need a payment record.
- You can use the web http://www.flightstats.com/ where if you register you can see the Air New Zealand status of all flights including those of years ago.
- Another way is to go to https://www.flightradar24.com/ where you can see the last 7 days Air New Zealand flight delays without registering. After registration you can also see delayed flights from up to 2 years ago.
Advice: When the Air New Zealand delay is very close to three hours, Flightradar24 is not 100% reliable, since it shows the time of landing, but not the exit from the plane, which is what the regulations imposes has to be taken in consideration.