Air Namibia Compensation: Claim flight delay, cancellation or lost baggage. Get up to 600 euros compensation for a delayed or cancelled flight and 1.414 euros for lost luggage.
Air Namibia flight claim compensation: Eu law and Montreal Convention
Air Namibia European compensation: delay, cancellation and overbooking
- if it is an european airline or…
- if the flight departs from europe
Compensation summary under EU 261 Law: Air Namibia delayed, cancelled and overbooked fligh
|Flight (km)||Air Namibia Compensation||Claim|
|– 1.500 km||€ 250||Claim € 250|
|1.500 Km – 3.500 Km||€ 400||Claim € 400|
|More than 3.500 Km||€ 600||Claim € 600|
Air Namibia Expenses
Air Namibia damages
Air Namibia E.g compensation according to European 261 law
- Flight overbooking from Paris to Zurich: Less than 1.500 km = € 250 + expenses.
- Flight cancellation from Tenrife to Belgium: Between 1.500 km and 3.500 km = € 400 + expenses.
- Flight delay from Portugal to India: More than 3.500 km = € 600 + expenses.
Air Namibia Montreal Convention Compensations for delays, cancellations, overbooked flights and baggage
Only applicable when these two circumstances occur simultaneously:
- All luggage claims even if it is an european airline
- When it is not an european airline and the flight doesn´t depart from Europe
Delayed flight, cancellation or overbooking compensation table according to the Montreal Convention
|Compensation||Limit of liability||Expenses|
|Luggage||5.708 euros = 4.694 SDR (Special Drawing Rights)||Hotels, taxis, tours, other missed flights|
Air Namibia lost baggage or delayed luggage compensation
If you want to Claim Air Namibia for baggage delay you can get a compensation of 1.414 euros + expenses.
|Baggage claim||Limit of liability||Expenses|
|Lost or damaged||€ 1.414 = 1.253 SDR (Special Drawing Rights)||Clothes, cost of the baggage, taxis|
Important: Fill in the PIR to claim for the luggage to Air Namibia: Property Irregularity Report
About Air Namibia PIR
A Air Namibia Property Irregularity Report (PIR) ref number is a unique code that traces your lost or damaged baggage. It has a combination of 10 letters and numbers and it is necessary to claim to Air Namibia.
- Ref code
- Flight code
- Number of lost luggages
- Type of disruption
- Colour and type
The Air Namibia Extraordinary Circumstances
The term ‘extraordinary circumstances’ applies when the delayed or cancelled flight is due to something unusual in which a claim receives no compensation. Things like:
- Extreme weather conditions
- A few strikes not releated to Air Namibia such as air traffic
Air Namibia unreal Extraordinary Circumstances:
- Problems with Air Namibia staff
- Bad weather affecting a previous flight
- Denied boarding due to the flight being overbooked
- Air Namibia technical problems
Air Namibia “no show” booking clauses
“No show” is ilegal. you are granted a compensation if you are being denied from boarding.
Can I claim my delayed flight directly to Air Namibia?
First, if you want to claim directly to Air Namibia, you should know your chances are scarce, since very often Air Namibia tries to justify their delayed flights with extraordinary circumstances that did not really happen, like bad weather. Therefore, it is advised to direct your claim through lexority.
How far back can you go with claiming flight delay compensation to Air Namibia
Deadline to claim a flight to Air Namibia: 2 to 5 years as a general rule, depending on the type of regulation that is fit in each case.
- Montreal Convention: two years
- Regulation 261/2004 of the EU: 2 to 10 years. You must read the civil code for that particular country.
Documentation to claim properly to Air Namibia:
Some Tips to claim Air Namibia
Ask for the reason for Air Namibia delay or cancellation
The reason of the delay is important: principally if you have thrown away the boarding pass.
Air Namibia delayed flights for 3 or more hours
Air Namibia delay must be higher than 3 hours to be entitled to a compensation.
Overbooked Air Namibia flight
Overbooked Air Namibia flight: When Air Namibia sells more tickets than the actual number of passengers they can accommodate.
The overbooking is legal, but you are entitled to a compensation up to € 600.
Air Namibia aims to avoid empty seats due to no-shows, but this must be legally sanctioned.
Once a Air Namibia passenger has received a reservation or any document stating the payment has been accepted and registered, it is a “confirmed reservation”. Boarding denials happen when a passenger presents to the gate but Air Namibia refuses them access to the plane.
How do I know how long was Air Namibia flight delayed?
- Contact a Lexority lawyer to tell you how long the Air Namibia flight delay was without a doubt. You have to be aware that the following sites are not always accurate and need a payment record.
- You can use the web Flight Stats where if you register you can see the Air Namibia status of all flights including those of years ago.
- Another way is to go to Flight Radar where you can see the last seven days Air Namibia flight delays without registering. If you register you can also see delayed flights from up to two years ago.
Must read: When the Air Namibia delay is very close to 3 hours, Flightradar24 is not 100% reliable, since it shows the time of landing, but not the exit from the plane, which is what the law says has to be taken in consideration.