Air Malta Compensation: Claim flight delay, cancellation or lost baggage. Get up to € 600 refund for a delayed or cancelled flight and 1.414 euros for lost luggage.
Air Malta flight compensation: European law and Montreal Convention
Air Malta EU Flight compensation: delay, cancellation and overbooking
- if it is an european airline or…
- if the flight departs from europe
Compensation review under Eu law: Air Malta delayed, cancelled and overbooked fligh
|Flight (km)||Air Malta Compensation||Claim|
|Less than 1.500 km||€ 250||Claim € 250|
|1.500 Km – 3.500 Km||€ 400||Claim € 400|
|More than 3.500 Km||€ 600||Claim € 600|
Air Malta Expenses
Air Malta damages
Air Malta E.g. compensation according to european law
- Flight overbooking from Paris to Brussels: -1.500 km = € 250 + expenses.
- Flight overbooking from Tenrife to Florence: Between 1.500 km and 3.500 km = 400 euros + expenses.
- Flight overbooking from Barcelona to New York: More than 3.500 km = 600 euros + expenses.
Air Malta Montreal Convention Compensations for delays, cancellations, overbooking and baggage
Suitable when these two circumstances happen simultaneously:
- All luggage claims even if the airline is european
- When it is not an european airline and the flight does not depart from Europe
Compensation table for flight delays, cancellations, or overbooking according to the Montreal Convention
|Compensation||Limit of liability||Expenses|
|Baggage||5.708 euros = 4.694 SDR (Special Drawing Rights)||Hotels, taxis, tours, other missed flights|
Air Malta lost baggage or delayed luggage compensation
If you Claim Air Malta for luggage delay you can get a compensation of € 1.414 + expenses.
|Baggage claim||Limit of liability||Expenses|
|Lost or damaged||1.414 euros = 1.253 SDR (Special Drawing Rights)||Clothes, cost of the baggage, taxis|
Must read: Fill the PIR: Property Irregularity Report to claim for the luggage to Air Malta
About Air Malta PIR
The Air Malta Property Irregularity Report (PIR) reference number is a unique code that tracks your delayed or damaged luggage. You can find 10 letters and numbers and it is imperative to claim to Air Malta.
- Number of lost luggages
- Ref code so that Air Malta can track the suitcase
- Flight code
- Colour and type
The Air Malta Extraordinary Circumstances
The term ‘extraordinary circumstances’ is applicable when the delayed or cancelled flight is caused by something unusual in which a claim receives no compensation. Things like:
- Extreme weather conditions
- A few strikes not releated to Air Malta like air traffic
Air Malta not real Extraordinary Circumstances:
- Problems with Air Malta staff
- Bad weather affecting a previous flight
- Denied boarding due to the flight being overbooked
- Air Malta technical problems
About Air Malta Downgrade
If you suffer a Air Malta downgrade, the airline must refund 30 to 75 percent of the cost of the ticket depending on the distance of the flight.
Can I claim my flight delay directly to Air Malta?
First of all, if you want to claim directly to Air Malta, you have to know your chances are scarce, since very often Air Malta tries to justify their flight delays with extraordinary circumstances that did not really happen, such as bad weather. Therefore, it is highly recommendable to direct your claim through lexority.
Deadline to claim a flight: How far back can I claim a flight compensation to Air Malta?
Time Limit: 2 to 5 years as a general rule, depending on the type of regulation that is fit in each case.
- Montreal Convention: 2 years
- UE Regulation: 2 to 10 years. You must read the civil code for each country.
Documents to claim successfully to Air Malta:
ID or pass
Guidance to claim Air Malta
Ask for the reason for Air Malta delay or cancellation
The reason of the delay is critical: principally if you don´t have the boarding pass.
Air Malta flight delays: 3 or more hours
To be entitled to a compensation, Air Malta delayed flight must be higher than 3 hours.
Overbooking at Air Malta flight
Overbooked Air Malta flight: When Air Malta sells more tickets than the possible number of people they can accommodate.
The overbooking is legal, but you are entitled to a compensation up to € 600.
Air Malta aims to avoid empty seats due to no-shows, but this must be legally sanctioned.
Once a Air Malta passenger has received a flight ticket or any document stating the payment has been accepted and registered, it is a “confirmed reservation”. Boarding denials happen when a passenger presents to the gate but Air Malta refuses them access to the plane.
How do I know how long the Air Malta flight delay has been?
- Have a Lexority attorney to tell you how long was the delay of the Air Malta flight without a doubt. You have to be aware that the following sites are not always accurate and need a payment record.
- You can use the web Flight Stats where if you register you can see the Air Malta status of all flights including those of years ago.
- Another option is accesing to https://www.flightradar24.com/ where you can see the last 7 days Air Malta flight delays without registering. If you register you can also see delayed flights from up to two years ago.
Note: When the Air Malta delay is very close to 3 hours, Flightradar24 is not 100% reliable, since it shows the time of landing, but not the exit from the plane, which is what the regulations dictates has to be taken in consideration.