Air Corsica Compensation: Claim flight delay, cancellation or lost baggage. Get up to 600 euros compensation for a delayed or cancelled flight and € 1.414 for lost luggage.
Air Corsica flight claim compensation: EU 261 Law and Montreal Convention
Air Corsica European Flight compensation: delayed, cancelled and overbooked flight
- When it is an european airline or…
- When the flight departs from europe
Compensation outline under Eu law: Air Corsica delayed, cancelled and overbooked fligh
|Flight (km)||Air Corsica Compensation||Claim|
|Less than 1.500 km||€ 250||Claim € 250|
|1.500 Km – 3.500 Km||€ 400||Claim € 400|
|+ 3.500 Km||€ 600||Claim € 600|
Air Corsica Expenses
Air Corsica damages
Air Corsica E.g. compensation according to european law
- Flight delay from Milan to London: -1.500 km = 250 euros + expenses.
- Flight cancellation from Las Palmas to Belgium: Between 1.500 km and 3.500 km = 400 euros + expenses.
- Flight overbooking from Berlin to United States: 3.500 km + = 600 euros + expenses.
Air Corsica Compensations under Montreal Convention for delays, cancellations, overbooked flights and baggage
Only applicable when these two circumstances happen simultaneously:
- All baggage claims even if it is an european airline
- When it is not an european airline and the flight doesn´t depart from Europe
Delayed flight, cancellation or overbooking compensation table according to the Montreal Convention
|Compensation||Limit of liability||Expenses|
|Luggage||€ 5.708 = 4.694 SDR (Special Drawing Rights)||Hotels, taxis, tours, other missed flights|
Claim Air Corsica flight according to the Montreal Convention
Air Corsica lost baggage or delayed luggage compensation
If you Claim Air Corsica for luggage delay you can get a compensation of € 1.414 + expenses.
|Baggage claim||Limit of liability||Expenses|
|Lost or damaged||1.414 euros = 1.253 SDR (Special Drawing Rights)||Clothes, cost of the baggage, taxis|
Read: Fill the PIR: Property Irregularity Report to claim for the baggage to Air Corsica
What is the meaning of PIR?
A Air Corsica Property Irregularity Report (PIR) number is a unique code that traces your lost or damaged baggage. It has a combination of 10 letters and numbers and it is needed to claim to Air Corsica.
- Number of lost baggages
- Type of disruption
- Reference code so that Air Corsica can track the suitcase
- Colour and type
The Air Corsica Extraordinary Circumstances
The term ‘extraordinary circumstances’ applies when the delay/cancellation is due to something unexpected in which a claim receives no compensation. Such as:
- Extreme weather conditions
- Political or civil unrest
- A few strikes not releated to Air Corsica like baggage handlers
Air Corsica unreal Extraordinary Circumstances:
- Issues with Air Corsica staff
- Bad weather affecting a previous flight
- Denied boarding due to an overbooking
- Air Corsica technical problems
Air Corsica denied boarding:
- Do not throw away boarding passes.
- Ask why you’re being denied boarding.
Can I claim my flight delay directly to Air Corsica?
First of all, if you want to claim directly to Air Corsica, you have to know your chances are very small, since very often Air Corsica tries to justify their delayed flights with extraordinary circumstances that did not really happen, like bad weather. Therefore, it is advised to funnel your claim through lexority.
How far back can you go with claiming flight delay compensation to Air Corsica
Deadline to claim a flight to Air Corsica: 2 to 5 years as a general rule, contingent on the type of regulation that is applicable in each case.
- Montreal Convention: 2 years
- Eu law: two to ten years. You must read the civil code for that particular country.
Documents to claim successfully to Air Corsica:
Guidance to claim Air Corsica
keep safe all Air Corsica trip documents
keep safe your boarding pass and e-ticket Air Corsica gave you. You should not throw them away. They are often very useful to claim Air Corsica.
Air Corsica flight delays: 3 or more hours
Air Corsica delay must be higher than 3 hours to be granted a compensation.
Air Corsica overbooking: is it legal?
Overbooked Air Corsica flight: When Air Corsica sells more tickets than the possible number of passengers they can accommodate.
The overbooking is legal, but you can get a compensation up to € 600.
Air Corsica aims to avoid empty seats because of no-shows, but this must be legally sanctioned.
When the Air Corsica passenger has received a reservation or any document stating the payment has been accepted and registered, it is a “confirmed reservation”. Boarding denials happen when a passenger presents to the gate but Air Corsica refuses them access to the plane.
How do I know how long was Air Corsica flight delayed?
- Contact a Lexority lawyer to tell you how long the Air Corsica flight has been delayed without a doubt. You have to be aware that the following webpages are not always accurate and need a payment record.
- Use the web http://www.flightstats.com/ where if you register you can see the Air Corsica status of all flights including those of years ago.
- Another option is accesing to Flight Radar where you can see the last seven days Air Corsica flight delays without registering. After registration you can also see delayed flights from up to 2 years ago.
Must read: When the Air Corsica delay is very close to three hours, Flightradar24 is not 100% reliable, since it shows the time of landing, but not the exit from the plane, which is what the regulations says has to be taken in consideration.