Aeroméxico Compensation: Claim flight delay, cancellation or lost baggage. Get up to € 600 refund for a delayed or cancelled flight and € 1.414 for lost luggage.
Aeroméxico flight compensation: EU 261 Law and Montreal Convention
Aeroméxico EU Flight compensation: delayed, cancelled and overbooked flight
Only applicable when
- if it is an european airline or…
- if the flight departs from europe
Compensation table under European law: Aeroméxico delayed, cancelled and overbooked fligh
|Flight Distance (Km)||Aeroméxico Compensation||Claim|
|– 1.500 km||€ 250||Claim € 250|
|1.500 Km – 3.500 Km||€ 400||Claim € 400|
|+ 3.500 Km||€ 600||Claim € 600|
Aeroméxico Example of compensation according to european law
- Flight overbooking from Milan to Zurich: Less than 1.500 km = 250 euros + expenses.
- Flight overbooking from Las Palmas to Florence: 1.500 km -3.500 km = 400 euros + expenses.
- Flight overbooking from Paris to Cali: More than 3.500 km = € 600 + expenses.
Aeroméxico Compensations under Montreal Convention for delays, cancellations, overbooking and baggage
Only applicable when these 2 circumstances occur simultaneously:
- All baggage claims even if it is an european airline
- When the airline is not European and the flight doesn´t depart from Europe
Compensation table for flight delays, cancellations, or overbooking according to the Montreal Convention
|Compensation||Limit of liability||Expenses|
|Luggage||5.708 euros = 4.694 SDR (Special Drawing Rights)||Hotels, taxis, tours, other missed flights|
Aeroméxico lost baggage or delayed luggage compensation
If you want to Claim Aeroméxico for baggage delay you can get a compensation of € 1.414 + expenses.
|Luggage claim||Limit of liability||Expenses|
|Lost or damaged||1.414 euros = 1.253 SDR (Special Drawing Rights)||Clothes, cost of the baggage, taxis|
Important: Fill in the PIR to claim for the luggage to Aeroméxico: Property Irregularity Report
What is the meaning of PIR?
The Aeroméxico Property Irregularity Report (PIR) reference is a unique code that traces your delayed or damaged luggage. You can find 10 letters and numbers and it is demanded to claim to Aeroméxico.
- Number of lost luggages
- Ref code so that Aeroméxico can trace the suitcase
- Flight code
- Color and type
The Aeroméxico Extraordinary Circumstances
The term ‘extraordinary circumstances’ is applicable when the delayed or cancelled flight is caused by something unexpected in which a claim receives no compensation. Things like:
- Extreme weather conditions
- Political or civil unrest
- A few strikes unrelated to Aeroméxico like baggage handlers
Aeroméxico not real Extraordinary Circumstances:
- Problems with Aeroméxico staff
- Bad weather affecting a previous flight
- Denied boarding due to the flight being overbooked
- Aeroméxico technical problems
Aeroméxico denied boarding:
- Do not throw away boarding passes.
- Ask why you’re being denied boarding.
Can I claim my delayed flight directly to Aeroméxico?
First, if you want to claim directly to Aeroméxico, you should know your chances are scarce, since very often Aeroméxico tries to justify their flight delays with extraordinary circumstances that didn’t really happen, like issues with air traffic control. Therefore, it’s highly recommendable to direct your claim through lexority.
Deadline to claim a flight: How far back can I claim a flight compensation to Aeroméxico?
Time Limit: 2 to 5 years as a general rule, depending on the type of regulation that is applicable in that particular case.
- Montreal Convention: two years
- Eu law: two to ten years. You must read the civil code for that particular country.
Documentation to claim correctly to Aeroméxico:
Some advice to claim Aeroméxico
Ask for the reason for Aeroméxico delay or cancellation
The reason of the delayed flight is critical: specially if you have thrown away the boarding pass.
Aeroméxico delayed flights for 3 or more hours
Aeroméxico delay must be higher than 3 hours to be granted a compensation.
Overbooking at Aeroméxico flight
Overbooked Aeroméxico flight: When Aeroméxico sells more tickets than the actual number of passengers they can accommodate.
The overbooking is legal, but you can get a compensation up to € 600.
Aeroméxico aims to avoid empty seats due to no-shows, and this must be legally sanctioned.
Once a Aeroméxico passenger has received a reservation or any document stating the payment has been accepted and registered, it is a “confirmed reservation”. Boarding denials happen when a passenger presents to the gate but Aeroméxico refuses them access to the plane.
These are the passengers rights to claim Aeroméxico
Contact us if you have any question. Here we are if you want to claim for a delayed, cancelled, overbooked flight, or lost baggage to Aeroméxico.