Aerolíneas Argentinas Compensation: Claim flight delay, cancellation or lost baggage. Get up to € 600 compensation for a delayed or cancelled flight and € 1.414 for lost luggage.
Aerolíneas Argentinas flight claim compensation: European law and Montreal Convention
Aerolíneas Argentinas European compensation: delayed, cancelled and overbooked flight
Only applicable when
- When it is an european airline or…
- if the flight departs from europe
Compensation table under Eu law: Aerolíneas Argentinas delayed, cancelled and overbooked fligh
|Flight Distance (Km)||Aerolíneas Argentinas Compensation||Claim|
|Less than 1.500 km||€ 250||Claim € 250|
|1.500 Km – 3.500 Km||€ 400||Claim € 400|
|More than 3.500 Km||€ 600||Claim € 600|
Aerolíneas Argentinas Expenses
Aerolíneas Argentinas damages
Aerolíneas Argentinas E.g. compensation according to european law
- Flight cancellation from Frankfurt to Zurich: Less than 1.500 km = 250 euros + expenses.
- Flight delay from Las Palmas to Belgium: Between 1.500 km and 3.500 km = 400 euros + expenses.
- Flight delay from Portugal to Tokyo: 3.500 km + = € 600 + expenses.
Aerolíneas Argentinas Compensations under Montreal Convention for delays, cancellations, overbooking and baggage
Only when these two circumstances occur at the same time:
- All luggage claims even if the airline is european
- When it is not an european airline and the flight doesn´t take off from Europe
Delayed flight, cancellation or overbooking compensation table according to the Montreal Convention
|Compensation||Limit of liability||Expenses|
|Baggage||€ 5.708 = 4.694 SDR (Special Drawing Rights)||Hotels, taxis, tours, other missed flights|
Aerolíneas Argentinas lost baggage or delayed luggage compensation
If you want to Claim Aerolíneas Argentinas for lost baggage you can get a compensation of 1.414 euros + expenses.
|Baggage claim||Limit of liability||Expenses|
|Lost or damaged||1.414 euros = 1.253 SDR (Special Drawing Rights)||Clothes, cost of the baggage, taxis|
Note: Fill the PIR: Property Irregularity Report to claim for the luggage to Aerolíneas Argentinas
What is Aerolíneas Argentinas PIR?
A Aerolíneas Argentinas Property Irregularity Report (PIR) number is a unique code that tracks your lost or damaged suitcase. It has a combination of 10 letters and numbers and it is imperative to claim to Aerolíneas Argentinas.
- Number of lost baggages
- Reference code so that Aerolíneas Argentinas can trace the suitcase
- Flight code
- Color and type
The Aerolíneas Argentinas Extraordinary Circumstances
The term ‘extraordinary circumstances’ applies when the delayed or cancelled flight is due to something uncommon in which a claim receives no compensation. E.g.:
- Really bad weather conditions
- Political or civil unrest
- Some strikes unrelated to Aerolíneas Argentinas such as baggage handlers
Aerolíneas Argentinas not real Extraordinary Circumstances:
- Problems with Aerolíneas Argentinas staff
- Bad weather affecting a previous flight
- Denied boarding due to the flight being overbooked
- Aerolíneas Argentinas technical problems
Aerolíneas Argentinas Downgrade
If you suffer a Aerolíneas Argentinas downgrade, the airline must refund 30 to 75 percent of the price of the ticket depending on the flight distance.
Can I claim my flight delay directly to Aerolíneas Argentinas?
First of all, if you want to claim directly to Aerolíneas Argentinas, you have to know your chances are very small, since very often Aerolíneas Argentinas tries to justify their delayed flights with extraordinary circumstances that didn’t really happen, such as bad weather. Therefore, it’s highly recommendable to direct your claim through lexority.
How far back can you go with claiming flight delay compensation to Aerolíneas Argentinas
Deadline to claim a flight to Aerolíneas Argentinas: 2 to 5 years as a general rule, depending on the type of law that applies in that particular case.
- Montreal Convention: two years
- Regulation 261/2004 of the EU: two to ten years. It is necessary to the civil code for each country.
Documentation to claim correctly to Aerolíneas Argentinas:
Some advice to claim Aerolíneas Argentinas
Keep all Aerolíneas Argentinas travel documents
keep safe your boarding pass and e-ticket Aerolíneas Argentinas gave you. You don’t want to get rid of them. They are often very useful to claim Aerolíneas Argentinas.
Aerolíneas Argentinas flight delays: 3 or more hours
To be entitled to a compensation, Aerolíneas Argentinas delayed flight must be higher than 3 hours.
Overbooked Aerolíneas Argentinas flight
Aerolíneas Argentinas Overbooking: When Aerolíneas Argentinas sells more tickets than the actual number of passengers they can take.
The overbooking is legal, but you are entitled to a compensation up to € 600.
Aerolíneas Argentinas aims to avoid empty seats due to no-shows, but this must be legally sanctioned.
When the Aerolíneas Argentinas passenger has received a reservation or any document stating the payment has been accepted and registered, it is a “confirmed reservation”. Boarding denials happen when a passenger presents to the gate but Aerolíneas Argentinas refuses them access to the plane.
How do I know how long the Aerolíneas Argentinas flight delay has been?
- Contact a Lexority attorney to tell you how long was the delay of the Aerolíneas Argentinas flight without any doubt. Take in to account that the following tools are not always accurate and need a payment record.
- You can use the web Flight Stats where if you register you can see the Aerolíneas Argentinas status of all flights including those of years ago.
- Another way is to go to Flight Radar where you can see the last 7 days Aerolíneas Argentinas flight delays without registering. If you register you can also see delayed flights from up to 2 years ago.
Advice: When the Aerolíneas Argentinas delay is very close to 3 hours, Flightradar24 is not 100% accurate, since it shows the time of landing, but not the exit from the plane, which is what the regulations imposes has to be taken in consideration.